What do you believe about cursing someone?

Someone has hurt my family very much. I worry that what I wish to him will be returned to me. Can I at least say I hope he gets what he deserves? People who do dirt do not stop with one person. He will do this again. What does he deserve? What does a person who intentionally hurts another person deserve? Please don't say forgiveness. I might get there eventually but it will really help to see some vindication first.

LauraMi261

Asked by LauraMi261 at 3:54 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I believe in karma. I would just say you wish that he will get what he deserves
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 3:56 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• karma. what comes around goes around. it will come back to them.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 3:57 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Baby Jesus would advise you to turn the other cheek. Personally, i've never found thinking bad thoughts about someone to be an effective strategy for exacting revenge but if it makes you feel better, i'd sat curse away.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 4:00 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I am a firm believer in the Law Of Attraction / Karma / Three Fold Law, which (paraphrased) says what ever you put out, you get back... If you are willing to accept that your actions have consequences and feel they are worth it, go for it. A curse or spell of any kind isn't going to change who a person is, it may help them see the truth about their actions or even return some of those actions faster than nature would normally, but it's not going to change the game. We aren't supposed to be dueling out punishments for others or deciding what they deserve, that's for the powers that be... My suggestions are generally to start with the non-magickal acts first. You didn't say what they did, but can you attack legally? How about other non-magickal ways, which in my belief still incur the same rules, just not as strongly. I'm all for vindication, but don't get hurt in the process, or it isn't really worth it.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:02 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I know how you feel you feel to forgive is to forget,but thats not true years go by and your anger and hate will go mine has I wish that everyones hate will just go,fast.I dont know how this person person hurt you and your but in time you wont evon think of this person I pray.
    christine121

Answer by christine121 at 4:03 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• A curse will come back to you threefold and worse than you can imagine. Instead know that "God sees the truth but waits." The longer it takes to come back to someone, the worse they will get it. You may never know what happened in the end to the person but they will pay in one way or another. Let the anger inside you go because it will break you down & effect those around you. I know it is easier said than done but try. God Bless.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 4:09 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Sabrina, I agree that I don't want my family hurt by vindication and I don't know how to attack legally. I know we have covered for this person doing illegal acts so maybe we did get what we deserved. Not big things, but not admitting to the law what we knew he did, or giving him pee to get a job. I know many people here won't think that is a wrong thing to do but it wasn't exactly legal either. He ended up losing the job because he was so paranoid about another drug test that he laid out of work for an entire week. The kicker is our state gave him unemployment for over a year now. And I guess I was a part of that.
    LauraMi261

Comment by LauraMi261 (original poster) at 4:10 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I have done a witches protection bottle when worried about simular situations.  You can do things to protect you and your family.  Just be very careful if you do any spell against the other person.  Reflection spells have worked for me in the past.  All that does is help the people see themselves as they really are.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 4:12 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I do practice gray magic--or defensive magic. When I do a spell against someone who has done harm to me or others, I call for justice to be done upon him or her. You should not ask for revenge as that will bring negative karma back on you, but when you ask for justice you don't accrue any karmic debt. In cases of extreme harm, I ask for the intervention of the powerful spirit being, Hecate. I have only had to do this three times, or so in my 14 years of practice. She is a MOST effective punisher.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 5:00 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Ask the universe for JUSTICE.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 5:07 PM on Jun. 29, 2010