Do you have a survival kit?

Where do you keep it and what is in it?

salexander

Asked by salexander at 4:04 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• We did when we were stationed in California. It was all at the front left corner of the garage in totes.(except the water) 6, 5 gallon jugs of water. three changes of clothes for everyone in the family. meals for the entire family for 14 days. Meals that required no water to cook. radio, extra batteries, lantern, camp stove, 10 gal of propane. Large wrench to turn off gas if needed, matches, an axe, two tents 12 wool blankets. (Even if it gets wet you stay warm) copies of all important phone numbers. First aid kit that included meds, splints, burn cream, ace bandages, sterile wound dressings, smelling salts, EPI pen...thats all I can remember right off the bat. The Northridge Quake scared us, badly. We got prepared after that.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:10 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• no,I got to get one
    christine121

Answer by christine121 at 4:05 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• No, but me and my best friend was just talking about this a couple days ago, she even has a storm shelter at her house and still no survival kit, she was laughing about paying the money to get it built and then not bothering to stock it up.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 4:06 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• we have a bug out bags. Rope, ax first aid stuff, firestared, compass, map. also documents ( BC,SC etc.) during Katrina alot of people lost there documents it took awhile for people to get there stuff. still adding stuff ........... Garage and also in closet
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 4:10 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• More like a survival basement--everything is marked and organized for whatever we need! LOL Basically, we're "stocked, locked and loaded" for we think, any emergency!!

We have stored provisions, food, an emergency generators, gasoline and propane tanks for cooking/boiling water, a large outdoor grill, hot plates, battery operated gadgets, wind up gadgets, a water well, and tons of other gear and gadgets that we've acquired throughout our lives! ;o) Plus, I'm a former paramedic and Red Cross CPR and First Aid Instructor (among other things), so I can handle any physical emergency too! I think we're so prepared, we don;t even think about not being prepared.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:12 PM on Jun. 29, 2010