With it being summer vacation, do you let your kids have friends sleep over during the week or still have them wait for weekends?

My son would like a friend to stay over but dh asked me to wait until Friday because he has to work during the week and is worried the boys will be too noisy and keep him up during the night. Which is understandable, just wondering what everyone else does.

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 4:06 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• I allow my kids to have friends over when over, they are 15 and 12 though. Their friends are very respectful in the home and at lights out they watch a movie and fall asleep on the floor. I would say under 12 I probably wouldn't, because they were always excited to be over, but now I don't have any problems.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 4:21 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I have my kids wait till the weekend-- as when the kids have sleep-overs they sleep in the livingroom-- and with my working late, and hubs getting up at 4am it does not work out well (for us) if the kids have company over night.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 4:10 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I make my daughter wait for the weekend. I work during the week, and I agree with your husband.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 4:21 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• anytime is good for me!
    my oldest are 5 and 6, when they have friends over there is much less fighting!
    i find that i am the one suggesting it!
    around here lots of kids do family stuff on the weekends, so i try to get things going during the week more often.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 5:33 PM on Jun. 29, 2010