Hypothetical question...

The children living next door are being horribly abused by their parents. The only way to stop the abuse is to adopt the children and care for them in your home. Would you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:06 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• not if they were next door to me, that would cause drama and maybe tramaize the child and you have a higher chance of the kids getting kidnapped by their parents if you lived next door to them
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:07 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Without a doubt. I can't stand child abuse and I'll do whatever I can to prevent it, even if it's just one child among many.
    ManicMomma02

Answer by ManicMomma02 at 4:07 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I don't see how I would have a choice... I'm about to take on my SILs kids for a similar reason. I'm going to have a newborn and 4 kids under 5 if this all happens... My conscious wouldn't allow me to just sit back and not step in...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:08 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Absolutely. And I would move to prevent any problems such as the ones mommyoftwo mentioned.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 4:09 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Seems like a no brainer to me.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 4:11 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Yep without giving it a second thought!
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 4:14 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Of course the answer would always be yes.
    PhoebeC

Answer by PhoebeC at 4:17 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I would no child deserves to be hurt! EVER
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 4:28 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Yes. The abuse of children is such a tragedy, often made worse by the injustices committed when those children have no place else to go or end up in foster homes that are just as bad as the abusive homes they were removed from. I would feel grateful to offer an abused child a refuge from that life and a loving home to become a part of. I know it would have great challenges, but a person has to try.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 4:30 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• yes
    Jerichos_Mommy

Answer by Jerichos_Mommy at 7:46 PM on Jun. 29, 2010