Your biggest learning as a mom...

What is your biggest learning as a new mom? For me, it is to let go of being perfect all the time and of the possibility to control everything. Sometimes I still get frustrated when my LO does not do as I imagine to be the perfect situation (such as sleeping until 6.30 am instead of 5.30 am) but am getting better and better every day at going with the flow ...

Mona02638

Asked by Mona02638 at 4:07 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Never judge another mom's struggles to raise her child.Each one is trying hard to do what comes naturally for her family.
    MyrMar

Answer by MyrMar at 4:09 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Patience, having children teaches you to have patience.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 4:11 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• That each kid is different and lots of work..
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 4:11 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• i've realized that with 3 kids no matter how much i clean my house will never be clean anymore, but i've learned to deal with that :)
    AWebber212

Answer by AWebber212 at 4:14 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• How to function on non-consecutive sleep.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 4:16 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• not to ake a big deal out of everything. with my first born I had to have the best of everything and nobody could hold her, she couldn't leave my sight. I freaked over every little symptom and bump and bruise. But now with my second I am way more laid back.
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 4:25 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I've learned to go with my gut and trust my instincts. Especially when my DD was an infant, most of the time if I just tried to fill the need I felt she had at that moment I would do ok. It was when I tried to overthink something or listen to everyone else's advice that I would run into troubles. So I learned to go with what I thought was best, and that worked for me nine times out of ten.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 4:26 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• That do not set high standards for your kids...they will be who they are supposed to be with the proper guidance. I am a mom of 3 boys
    JennyMarie

Answer by JennyMarie at 5:31 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I'm with Mary's answer on this question. I've always trusted my gut instincts. It worked pretty well for me most of the time.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 6:42 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• that the ability to be in control is most of the time beyond me.

also that i will never judge another mother again.
    ibebreezy

Answer by ibebreezy at 9:39 AM on Jun. 30, 2010