Why do people seem to think that make-up, skimpy clothes and the like are what pedophiles want to see on kids?

Really, if you think about it, if they go after kids, they want actual innocent looking, shy, run of the mill kids...Pretty sure they aren't after kids that look like adults. I have yet to see a victim of abuse be a made-up looking kid. Do you agree? Why or why not?

BradenIsMySon

Asked by BradenIsMySon at 4:17 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in About CafeMom

• I think you are right to an extent - pedophiles (just like other rapists) aren't as interested in the person as they are power or control. I would think that they would want a "wholesome" looking kid over a dolled-up one, but who knows.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 4:19 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• And how would you know this? It's just disgusting to even think about what a pedophile would want on a child. Here's what I want for a pedophile. To rip his goddamn balls off and shove them down his throat then kick him in his head and knock if off with a shovel. They deserve much worse than that but that's about as brutal as I can be with these sick freaks.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 4:22 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I think it all depends on the person and there is some sick people in the world. I wouldn't be suprised if there was some sick o out there that was going after that look.. It is just wrong and children should dress there age. Kids are growing up to fast as it is.
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 4:23 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I've read about a couple that like the made up kids, but the majority of them go after regular kids.
    A child molester doesn't care what the kid is dressed like, they just go after them because they are smaller, weaker and easier to control. An actual pedofile is going to prefer a dressed down, normal looking child that fits their fantasy (girl, boy, blonde, brunette, whatever).
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 4:29 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Ive never heard of people believing that makeup and skimpy clothes attract them. Where did you get that from? The psychological issues of a pedifile are people who are attracted to the young innocent, vulnerable, and weak.
    lawmom27

Answer by lawmom27 at 4:30 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I have always felt this way too. Pedophiles aren't interested in older kids or adults, that's why they are pedophiles, so the older your kids look the less the pedophiles are interested... Makes sense to me... Personally, I could care less what pedophiles like, I don't live my life in fear of what someone may or may not find attractive on my kid...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:33 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Nearly every response about kids in pageants, playing in make-up while young, wearing nail polish..and on and on says something along the lines of "Why would you do that, there are too mane pedophiles and sickos that would love to look at your daughter dressed like an adult and take advantage of her." When I don't believe that to be true at all...the profile does not fit. They want innocent looking kids.
    BradenIsMySon

Comment by BradenIsMySon (original poster) at 4:34 PM on Jun. 29, 2010