I need a drink! Very stressed any ideas?

My kids are driving me insane today. My heart is beating fast and hard and I feel like I will burst at any moment. I go outside on the porch and tell them I need a minute to cool off and they come outside and yell at me. *pulls hair out* Kids are 6 and 7 and I feel like spanking their little bottoms but at this moment that might not be all I do...so hands off for now.

ashisamom

Asked by ashisamom at 4:17 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I know how you feel (mine are 9, 5, 4 and 4). I usually just send them to their rooms sit down on the couch and think to myself "this time next week will I even remember this moment?" Usually the answer is no and then I realize it is no because I will be reliving the moment AGAIN! Ah crap, now I have to go and look at the calendar and day dream about the first day of school, the kids getting on the yellow bus and me crying tears of joy. Then the yellow bus returning hours later, I look at my watch and realize they are a few minutes early, as the bus doors open I shake my head no telling them once more around the block, you are early!
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 4:22 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I had a morning very similar! I ended up locking myself in the bathroom and crying in the shower for a couple minutes. I felt much better after that. Good luck to you!
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 4:20 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Put yourself in time out; get some lemonade, throw a shot of Grey Goose into it, and hide out in the bathroom for a few minutes.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 4:20 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I always reach for coffee when I need a moment from too much stress. It just seems like a natural reflex to reach for something that is enjoyable. In the heat we've been experiencing I would add ice. Although, my other choice would be some ice cream tho.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 4:20 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Hugs!!!  Today has been like that here too, my middle one is the 'drama queen' who fusses, tantrums and leaves chaos in his wake!    I swear he just cannot get along with the other 2 at all!!  It is nice and peaceful in the morning when he is at summer school but the minute he gets home it starts up...... sigh.   HOW many more days till school starts????

Cheers!!

margarita time

MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 4:22 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• OMG kc...haha that is exactly how I feel.
    ashisamom

Comment by ashisamom (original poster) at 4:25 PM on Jun. 29, 2010