My son is sick need advice....

My son has been sick for like maybe 4 or 5 days already he went to the doctor already he was there for his check up anyway but I had them to check him out when he was there and they told me it was just a cold but now he is getting horse and he sounds awful I really dont no what to do to make it better..... What do you think I should do?

Heather9601

Asked by Heather9601 at 4:25 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Health

• call the dr back...
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 4:26 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Aww. Poor little guy. Just keep an eye out on him.
    If he's over a year old, I would give him some warm tea with honey in it. Lots of fluids, lots of warm/hot liquids like soup.
    Just the cold running it's course. It tends to sound a LOT worse than it actually is. If he's running a terribly high fever, take him to the ER. You could always call the docs office for advice as well!
    ManicMomma02

Answer by ManicMomma02 at 4:27 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I know that whenever I have a cold I start to sound worse as I'm getting better.
    Colds usually start in the sinuses and then move down to the chest before they are gone. That's how they work on me anyways.
    Lots of fluids and rest(if you can get him to) and he should be fine.
    The cough always lasts the longest for me. Even after all other cold symptoms disappear, I still have a cough for a week or two afterwards.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 4:33 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Call pedi! Hand-foot-mouth is going around our area like wildfire...does he have a fever?
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 4:46 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• You don't say how old he is, can he tell you how he is feeling? If he has no fever, and is eating or drinking okay, you could also try a cool mist humidifier in his room. There are viral illnesses that go into croup-y type coughs and hoarseness. By all means, call the doc's office for advice too....that's what they are there for.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 4:47 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Colds in adults can last 7-10 days, for children ,they can last up to 14 days!
    If you are really concerned and feel that his symptoms are more than cold like symptoms, I would take him to an urgent or rapid care center if you can.
    How old is he? His age depends on what type of treatments you can give him to feel better at home.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 4:50 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• i always feel like if it is changing, especially rapidly, then i assume the cold is running its course. like others, i say keep up the fluids and rest!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 5:21 PM on Jun. 29, 2010