My daughter has a light fever....

shes acting normal playing every ONCE in a whle shes whine for a minute or so but other than that shes totaly being normal.

Im thinking about NOT giving her tylenol while its like this.

if it gets bad and shes not feeling well ill give it to her.

Is that mean to do? i know that fevers are a way for the body to fight off the infection whatever it may be, i want nature to take its course.

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 4:25 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I do the same thing for a temp of under 100.4 with no pain. Then, we take a cool bath, have som popsicles, take off some layers of clothing. If that doesn't work and it gets higher, she gets either tylenol or ibuprophen.
    That is what her doctors both recommend.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 4:35 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I personally do not give my kids tylenol until the temp under the arm reads 102 or laast more than 24-48 hours. The fever makes them slow down and rest. If I give them tylenol they feel better and start running around. There is always an exception to this like if they are complaining of pain. I always treat pain.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:29 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• tylenol is a last resort for me

A fever does have a purpose in the human body. If you take away the fever with meds all the time, it just takes longer to actually fully get well
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 4:27 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• If it is over 100.2 you need to give them something other than that just let her go
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 4:27 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• give her a cool bath to try to bring the tempt down but if she is acting normal I wouldn't be too concerned
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 4:27 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I would let it go like you are doing. She really isn't acting real sick yet and you said it is light fever. So, unless she really stops playing or the fever goes up to like 102, I wouldn't worry.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:27 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Read the link, it's very helpful.

http://www.askdrsears.com/html/8/T082100.asp

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 4:28 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• because a fever is the bodies natural defense for fighting off an infection. you dont want to supress that and make it take longer for the body to recover from it.

MomNbabyGirl009

Comment by MomNbabyGirl009 (original poster) at 4:30 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• If it's lowgrade there's no point, if she starts getting out of it, I would definitely start giving her some tylenol.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 4:30 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Try to keep it under 102, because that is considered a high fever. My daughter had a high fever last week when I took her to the dr it was 104. She was playing normally and looked fine for the most part but that is way too high. I had to give her Tylenol and Motrin alternately every two hours. The fever lasted 5 days, it came down very gradually everyday.

Not a great way to start off summer vacation, we were all stuck in the house.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 4:42 PM on Jun. 29, 2010