Can my child go to a home daycare if he isn't vaccinated?

Does the religious exemtions go for home daycares as well?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:34 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I think it depends on if the daycare is willing to take the child
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 4:34 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• It depends on the mom that is running the home daycare, it is up to her...unless it is a state run home day care than she has to follow the state laws on that.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 4:35 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Yes and No... Home day cares aren't under the same laws that regular state run daycares are. Although chances are if you provide the exception papers their won't be an issue. But, they don't HAVE to honor the paperwork unless they are funded by the state or other government program.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:36 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• The laws might vary by area...but I think it's up to the home daycare provider whether they'll accept children who haven't been vaccinated. I'm sure there are probably some out there who exist just for that reason.
    NewMom2RAD

Answer by NewMom2RAD at 4:36 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• depends on the home I would think. I personally, me, would not but it may be considered discrimination. I'm not up on those laws.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:36 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• IF the daycare provider is licensed, they are required by law to show proof the children in thier care are vaccinated. They are higly regulated from the size of the day care, the number of children they are able to care for, how many workers per child is needed. Food and nutrition..
    lawmom27

Answer by lawmom27 at 4:39 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• In my area, there is a spot on the immunization form for informed objection to shots. I do, have and will continue to accept kids whether they have all their shots or not.
    MaggiesMom208

Answer by MaggiesMom208 at 4:39 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• My daughter goes to home daycare and I don't remember vaccinations coming up at anytime and I certainly have not had to provide any proof or records of her immunizations.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 4:42 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• lawmom- licensed or not, they can still accept exception forms, however, if they do not get governmental funding it's up to them, if they DO get governmental funding, they are REQUIRED to accept the same exemption forms as public schools...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:42 PM on Jun. 29, 2010