Does your MIL....

Does she ever hint at you things she may think you need to be doing.
The other day she came over along with my FIL and nephew and she was saying how long my twin boys' hair was getting. I said yeah, I cut a little off the back because it was getting long, and she said "Do you think you may need to get them to a barber?"......lol
I hate when she does that...it makes me feel like I don't know what I'm doing, or i'm letting things go, or not doing a good enough job. I told her I was just gonna trim it back here at home.
Does your MIL do this?

CAGirl4

Asked by CAGirl4 at 4:34 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• all the freakin time! I hate it. The past two weeks she keeps telling me that she doesn't know why I wear Christian's shirts so long on him. Hmmmm...maybe so his belly doesn't show when he lifts up his arms??? She has brought it up various times tho.
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 4:39 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• yep all the time sometimes I listen to her and sometimes I don't.
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 4:36 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Yes. It is just her way, I try to ignore it, or just smile politely and say things like "Maybe I'll do that" or "I'll have to think about it." I have noticed that my mom does similar things now and then but I think because she is MY mother I don't have a hard time telling her no or brushing it off, for some reason it is more offensive coming from my MIL, maybe because I think she is judging me or something. So I try not to let it get to me. I really don't think my MIL does it out of meanness or anything like that, it is just her way and she has good intentions.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 4:40 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• No
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 4:35 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• No. She doesn't really say anything to me. She keeps her mouth shut when she is around, but has a habit of telling other people what she thinks.
    LivinDeadGurl

Answer by LivinDeadGurl at 4:38 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Yes, she tries to be a sneaky ninja but she's about as sneaky as a bull in a china shop...
    Like symle, sometimes I listen to her, but often times, I don't. I'd prefer her to be blunt and straightforward then beat around the bush. It annoys me when she does that.
    ManicMomma02

Answer by ManicMomma02 at 4:39 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Mary, I agree. I don't think she means any harm, I just thinks she has a control issue..lol
    CAGirl4

Comment by CAGirl4 (original poster) at 4:42 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• yes she will offer to take my kids for a haircut which is ok but when I say how I want it cut she says I have no say so on how it gets cut casue she is paying for it but I tell her I do have a say so i'm the mother
    mom2ryneandsam

Answer by mom2ryneandsam at 4:42 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• All the time. She never comes over to see my girls, we always have to come to her and when we're at her house she comments on my parenting constantly. It's always in the form of some stupid comment like, "Oh, I see Kylie isn't completely potty trained yet (she's 2)."

-xoxo-

Answer by -xoxo- at 4:42 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• All the time! My MIL does this about every little things. It drives me crazy. I was talking to her the other day about oven cleaner triggering a migraine, and she was like well what I do is put foil in the bottom so I don't have to clean it. And then when she came over the other day she said Did you get that foil in there yet....She also tries hints around about DS and how she would dress him, sit his room etc.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 4:42 PM on Jun. 29, 2010