My dd got tubes at 18 months, just turned 2.

My dd had tubes put in her ears in January 2010. She doesn't complain of her ears hurting, but when you pick her up - there is a foul smell (like dirty socks) coming from her ears. We are out of town, away from her pediatrician .... Does anyone know any home remedies that are known to work? I know that normally, odor = infection.

mcpavelka

Asked by mcpavelka at 4:34 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Keep her ears cleaned out. My son got tubes at 3 mos old. He had some nasty drainage. Just used a warm baby wash cloth(it will be much more gentle) on the outter ear and very gently (if she wont let you wait until she is asleep) and use a Q tip to clean her ear. Make sure you don't go too deep. Try to get her to lay on her side so that fluid will drain out of her ear. I called my son's audiologist (we were also away from home when his ear started gushing yucky thick fluid). They told us to brin him in ASAP. Even though he acted fine and no fever. You might want to give them a call just to be on the safe side. Or
    When you get home make an appointment with the dr that put the tubes in they use a vaccume to suck that gunk out and will probably give you a px. GL2U!
    1nglmom3

Answer by 1nglmom3 at 4:41 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Not sure. Never heard of this. Did she stick something in her ear like a pea? I would find a toll free helpline to call.
    summerbudbud

Answer by summerbudbud at 4:36 PM on Jun. 29, 2010