Percy Jackson books? Do you like them? For what age group?

mancosmomma

Asked by mancosmomma at 4:39 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

• My son is 6, and a few months ago I read him the first Percy Jackson book. He really liked it, even though it scared him at times. He even told me one night I couldn't read it to him before bed anymore, but then the next night changed his mind because he was so enthralled with the story. After reading the book, we went and saw the movie together, and once I got him started, he was able to point out all the differences.

I plan on reading him the other books in the series, but right now we've switched over to Harry Potter, which he is also enjoying. I love reading to him, but my throat gets so dry and sore, especially since he wants me to keep at it for hours.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 6:27 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I don't read fiction, so I haven't read them - don't know if I would like them or not. But if my kids were old enough to read for themselves (not me reading to them) and they wanted to read them, I wouldn't see any reason why they couldn't.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:44 PM on Jun. 29, 2010