How can I be better at this

Hello: My ex and I are back together living together okay when the end of the month comes I always get stressed food is usually low eating what we can well today he was like are you happy yes what about you I am doing the best I can I told him don't pay be any attention I get like this stressed about what money.

Now both of us wont it to work this time he has a job now through Manpower working on Saturdays just started last week I cannot work due to my 17 year old daughter who is handicaped born with Downe's syndrome at birth but have been looking for work from home jobs now I know I dont hide my feelings and I do stress and worry sometimes over things I have no control over like now food I just got to wait until my daughter gets her check mind you I am hoping I get my food stamps how can I handle this better because I am starting to think does he feel maybe I dont wont him here.

blessed2877

Asked by blessed2877 at 4:45 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• I'm not sure what your asking, but it seems like you just need to be honest with him.
    Why cant' your daughter get a job? There are plenty of DS people that are THRIVING workers, and living on their own. She's not unable to do those things.
    Start budgeting your food as well, and planning cheaper meals.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 4:48 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• If you feel like you're having a lot of anxiety about money that is overflowing into other things, consider working with one of the non-profit budget management groups. There may be ways you could streamline your budget.

Also, check out Angel Food https://www.angelfoodministries.com/ There are some great budget friendly options there.

Companies like Live Ops http://agentcommunity.liveops.com/ have sales reps who work from home. Inbound sales calls for products that are advertised on TV or customer service calls. They are a legit business. (I work in the industry and they are legit--not all of the work from home places are.)

And for anxiety...."The Anxiety and Phobia Workbook" is a good read and might give you some tools to deal with anxiety.
    BuddyRoo

Answer by BuddyRoo at 4:53 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I would ask when a good time time to sit down and talk to him. Have things prepared that you want to talk about. Tell him first off that you are happy to have him back in the house. You recognize that he is working and you are greatful for that. Then tell him how you are feeling. That it is not a personal attack on him. Make sure you give him an equal chance to get anything out in the open. Ask him straight out " do I ever make you feel unwanted/ not welcome ? " Tell him you don't mean to do that. Ask him if there is something particular that you say or do that really cuts him down ( you may not realize that you do that). My S.O has the habbit of anytime I tell him something ( that is MY OPINION or something I KNOW about) he says " eh.. yeah I dont know" like he is not sure I am telling the truth, or I just don't know squat about what I am talking about. So I finally told him. He is trying to change. GL2U!
    1nglmom3

Answer by 1nglmom3 at 4:56 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I'm not really sure what your asking exactly and Just because he asked if you were happy does not mean he is not happy and just because food is low does not mean he is not happy. I know what you mean by getting stressed when food is low we do it every single month.. I have 3 boys in my house including my husnband and we are getting ready to have another boy! Can you imagine how much food we are going to go through?? Anyway its normal to stress out. Why is your child not in school if she is only 17? Just because she has DS is not a reason to not be in school... Im sure there is more behind the story. But, just curious..
    smarie1011

Answer by smarie1011 at 4:59 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• i agree with cagirl4. start budgeting your meals and planning them as well
    3xangel

Answer by 3xangel at 4:59 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Also shop for store brands, another thing I have found If you call the 800 numbers on the packages and tell them how much you like their product how satisfied you are they usually send you coupons. ALSO! If you get something that is not satisfactory call them and tell them you will get coupons also. Our local library has a coupon swap. People just leave out any extra coupons in a box, and take what they need. Do you have a CASH& CARRY, GROCERY OUTLET around where you live? Some dollar stores are starting to carry produce.
    1nglmom3

Answer by 1nglmom3 at 5:00 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I wish I could offer you some other advice other than was PP's above already wrote, but I'm having a hard time figuring out what exactly you are asking or even what you are talking about... .
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:18 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• First off I would b honest & tell him that he could b helping u out more by planning/ budgeting. Have him sit down and look at some of the finances - who knows mayb he'll c a spot to save u money and food? Dont overwhelm urself with worries over him. Mine tells me "if i didnt wanna b here I wouldn't" but that doesnt mean u need 2 do backbends 4 him to kno u want him there. And have ur daughter clip coupons & organize them w/ a list for u. That way u will kno wat to get wen u go 2 the store. Last time I went to Kroger i bought only the stuff I had coupons 4 my total should have been 236.74 but after my coupons i spent 21.32. And a meal fav here is 1 can chicken, peas, bow tie noodles, & 1 can of cream chick soup & 1 can milk. Mix it all together throw it in at 375 for hr until noodles r soft. Take tube of crescent rolls and roll over the top.put bak in oven until gold & serve. It makes enough 4 6 people & my kids like it
    Mz_Momm25

Answer by Mz_Momm25 at 11:43 PM on Jun. 29, 2010