• In the Spotlight:

another baby, another baby shower?

Sooo who here has had another baby shower for another baby?? We had one with our son 2 1/2 years ago and now we're expecting a little girl so I'm not sure what the etiquette is...I'd LIKE to have another shower because I have nothing for a little girl. Now some moms say it's rude to have more than one shower, but others say every baby should be celebrated. With the girls in my family no one has had two baby showers, only one for the first child. What's your take on it?

mamie2shoes

Asked by mamie2shoes at 4:56 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I plan on having another baby shower for my next one, boy or girl. Even if it is just a "sprinkle" baby shower, where people just bring the little necessities that you need for a baby no matter how many you have. I don't think it is rude at all, most people are excited to celebrate the new baby! If you are feeling like you shouldn't, maybe you can wait until baby gets here and have a welcome baby party?
    GavinsMommii

Answer by GavinsMommii at 5:00 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I think that every baby should be celebrated but especially if you are having a gender that you don't already have. That's my opinion. =) Congratulations, BTW!
    Harris06

Answer by Harris06 at 4:58 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• i had one with my son and one with my daugther, i didnt ask for them though- my family and friends surprised me with them.
    3xangel

Answer by 3xangel at 4:57 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• We have a boy, born 3 years ago. Expecting a girl in November. We have 6 nephews also... so this is the FIRST girl in our entire family. So we are having another shower in a month or two.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 4:58 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I think unless it's been a looong time or with a different dad 2 showers is going a bit overboard, but that's just me. I think that each situation is different, so do what ever works for you..
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 4:58 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I have a 9 year old son and currently have a 15 month old girl. My son I had a shower because it was my first child and the second was because I knew I was having a girl and I had given away all of hte baby items I had. With that age difference, its proper to have a shower. 2 1/2 years is a bit close.
    lawmom27

Answer by lawmom27 at 4:59 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I just heard that one of my cousins had a "sprinkle" for her second child. She got all the big stuff with her daughter 3 years ago, but this one will be a boy. They invited MANY FEWER people this time.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 5:00 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I just had a second baby shower, for a girl.. My first was a boy. I think its appropriate though that someone throws it for you.
    UAFwife

Answer by UAFwife at 5:02 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I only had a baby shower for my first child. However, if one of your closest friends is willing to throw you a baby show for your second child. I think that would be kind of nice.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 5:03 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• It's tacky if you throw it for YOURSELF. If someone WANTS and is willing to throw a second shower for you, then I think it's perfectly fine.
    I was in the same situation....we had my DD first and then came twin boys! I was lucky that my friends wanted, and insisted on giving me a shower for each.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 4:59 PM on Jun. 29, 2010