Permed hair and dry scalp!!!

I have permed my hair twice in my life now. It looks gorgeous permed but it has been dry and falling out in clumps also my scalp is itchy and soooooo extremely dry, itchy, and flakey! I am sure the perm is the factor. I am already using the recommended hydrating salon shampoo and conditioner what home remedies are there that wont affect the perm? Mayo? eggs? beer? p.s. this was never a problem b4! I have always had oily hair!!! Oh and I already quit using hair spray (that helped the hair from breaking a little)

hotrodmomma

Asked by hotrodmomma at 5:02 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Hello professional hairstylist here,, it sounds like you wound the rods to tight,, and is causing breakage,,You need to get CAT protein treatment,, use it 3 x's in a row and then once every other shampoo,, sounds like the scalp thing is a reaction to the perm,, I get this as well,,Try some olive oil --or apricot (smells better) and just rub on your scalp at night then wash in the morning,, esp,, if you color your hair, try a school for the perm next time,, if a hairstylist did your perm,, please call and go back and show them!!! They will probaly give you a couple of in-salon treatments for free--don't worry this too will pass! Good luck!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 5:14 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I'd call and ask the Hair Dresser that did the perm... they are supposed to know what you should do if you are having a reaction to the chemicals!!

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 5:04 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Yeah, call the hairdresser and if they don't know, then go see a dermatologist, who will diagnose and help you get fixed up again.

Answer by Bmat at 5:08 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Absolutely call the hair dresser, as well as a dermatologist. As we age, our bodies can react differently to chemicals, hair products, even cologne.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 5:24 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Okay your hair is breaking and they want to give you Green Tea,, or make you pay for it,, I am sorry but as a professional, I honor all work that I DO!! If I think the hair is in not good enough shape to perm, I say so,, as for the scalp,, it will go away soon, like I said earlier I get the same thing, but it usually goes away after a few days,,, Good luck momma!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 5:25 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I did call and am going to go in pretty soon to have her actually look at it but I am already using some of their best products. I do have sensitive skin and am allergic to a lot of stuff but told them that b4 getting my 1st perm. So far their only suggestion it to use some of their new Green Tea products. I am just not wanting to give up my perms so trying to figure out if there is any natural healthy scalp treatment.
    hotrodmomma

Comment by hotrodmomma (original poster) at 5:18 PM on Jun. 29, 2010