Did you have a planned C-section?

So, I had a c-section almost 2 years ago and we are due for a new baby in Nov! this time around we are planning on having a planned c-section. I can't really make up my mind. I know that it would be much easier because we live away from family and if we plan it I can make sure my mother is here when the baby is born and she will be able to hlep out with the other two kids as well.. Anyway.. The doctor called and gave me our date and time and when I huge up it downed on me that she just told me the birth date and time our baby will be here.. I feel like that is unnatural lol I feel like we should just let nature take its course and when the baby is here the baby is here.. If its a normal birth fine if not then thats fine to... Do I sound crazy! lol How did you feel? I know there are other things to consider also like who is going to watch my other children! But, I just can't help but feel weird about it!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:07 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had a emergency c-section with my first then 15 months later we had a planned one. For me having it planned was the best option because of health reasons. Don't plan one if you don't want to just because it is convenient for everyone else. Follow your heart and it will never let you down. Good luck and Congrats!!

Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 5:09 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• My first was labor without dialating and so we ended up doing a C section because I never progressed. I planned the next because it was twins and still didn't dialate with them either, or have contractions. I'm due, and have a planned c section scheduled for July 29th. Sometimes you can't help it!
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 5:10 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I had a planned c-section my second pregnancy, after major health issues with the first. In some ways, I wish that I'd tried for a VBAC, but on the other hand, my daughter got here safely, I was safe, we breastfed successfully, etc, so no major regrets. Luckily you have some time to think it out and research so you can make an informed decision. Whatever you choose, I wish the best for you and your baby.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 5:11 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• My first baby was an emergency c-section, so no planning there! But, our second was a known due date. I didn't mind that at all, I loved knowing. Just know that you will probably not sleep much the night before!! I had to be there at 5:00 a.m. for my 7 a.m. surgery and I got up at 1:30a.m. to shower lol! We were sooo excited!
    emicek24

Answer by emicek24 at 5:14 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I has a c-section with my 1st, and with my 2nd I was going to have a planned c-section. I could not go to a hospital, and try to labor and be stuck being cut open again. BUT I found a midwife who would do homebirths, and I am SO glad I did.
    calebmama

Answer by calebmama at 5:30 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• bumping so you can get more anwsers I has vaginal births both times one was induced the other came on her own with an induction date picked I loved being induced I knew when she was going to be here with my baby she was 4 weeks early and we had to call everyone and I had to drop my older dd off at my moms work
    bree_gabys_mom

Answer by bree_gabys_mom at 5:35 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• My first one I had to have an emergency c section. The second one I had a planned C Section.
    tanya777

Answer by tanya777 at 6:49 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I delivered both of my kids vaginally. I almost had an emergency c-section with my son, but we got lucky and with a little persuasion and the use of suction, he was born vaginally.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 7:35 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I had a planned csection with my 4th and am having a planned csection with my 5th (next week!!!). My 3rd was induced, so I knew the time/date with her as well. It's just so much easier for me - I have a 12 year old with autism that I can't leave with just anyone, so knowing when it's going to happen makes my life much less stressful worrying about when it might happen and what type of "emergency" child care I might have to come up with. Yes, it can happen before the csection date and then I would be in the same situation, but I've never had one come early!

Answer by missanc at 8:15 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• That's probably a pretty natural response.  I've had 4 c-sections (all planned) and my 5th is in 2 weeks.  It never really bothered me knowing the date and aproximate time of birth.  I guess that's why we never found out the sex of each kid.  At least there was some surprise at the end.

I keep having this weird feeling that I'm going to go into labor this time.  I never even came close with my other 4 kids but this one...I'm just having more and more BH and they are getting stronger and stronger.  That would be bad.  I'm alone with 4 kids and no car.  My husband lives 2000 miles away and wouldn't be able to get back for who knows how long.  I only have my dad to watch the kids but have no way to get to the hospital (I take the bus everywhere right now).

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:25 AM on Jun. 30, 2010