What do you dust with?

Also does your home get SUPER dusty? We live on a gravel road and ours is horrible every couple days. You cant even keep up with it. I use pledge and a rag but my allergies are soooo HORRIBLE!

hotrodmomma

Asked by hotrodmomma at 5:08 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Home & Garden

• microfiber towel and pledge allergy
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 5:12 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• i just use a damp cloth..dusting is my least fav chore! i haaaaaate it!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 5:10 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• You may need to keep your windows closed and use an air conditioner. I use a dampened cloth usually to dust with. I have some pledge but don't often use it.

Answer by Bmat at 5:09 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I just use water and a microfiber towel. Just enough water to dampen it. And I rinse it if you rag gets too dirty.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 5:10 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• i just use a rag. our house doesn't get very dusty. i can get away with dusting every other week.
    i grew up on a dirt road, and i know what you are going through!
    we also had no air conditioning, and i think leaving the house open all summer just made for more cleaning too!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 5:12 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I use pledge on a swiffer cloth.

A good filter on your a/c should help some. Also, consider throwing some CaCl on the road in front of your house. It retains moisture and reduces dust. We use it in dirt/sand riding arenas (horses).
    BuddyRoo

Answer by BuddyRoo at 5:15 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Pledge multi surface and an old washcloth.
    MybabyKisses

Answer by MybabyKisses at 5:19 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I use a wet rag and then dry it and then use pledge with a swiffer cloth....I live in a dusty road..and it is so hard to keep everything dust free even with my doors closed all the time...strange how it just seems to come in
    JennyMarie

Answer by JennyMarie at 5:20 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I use The Original California car duster (mini) by itself, no polishes. LOVE it!! If you try it let it air out for 2 days before using it for the first time. I whack it on a deck post to get the dust out every so often as I go around the house. I heard about it in a magazine.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:25 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I use the swiffer dusters
    tanya777

Answer by tanya777 at 6:29 PM on Jun. 29, 2010