Am I the only one that isn't overly worried...

About having pictures of my kid online. I dont care if friends or family post pictures on their networking sites of my kid. My FB is mostly private, but that's more to keep people I KNOW and DONT like off it than it is paranoia about people 'stealing' my pictures or claiming my kid is theres... I think it just goes a little far sometimes. Maybe Im just naive but I dont see the big deal...
how about you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:11 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

• I feel the same as you...however my ex-SIL just called to inform me that I needed to take off the pics of my kids that have her kids in them b/c she doesn't want any pics of them on-line. I was so mad but I guess I had to obey her wishes...I wish I knew how to black out their faces tho...that would be funny!
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 5:14 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• i think you shuld be safe, but your own next door neighbor could be a sick pervert. and be CLOSER to you than another person in cyber space.

just sayin...
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 5:14 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I have my privacy options on Facebook set to friends only and freely post pictures of my kids.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 5:16 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I am not overly worried about it but I have seen a younger family member of mine use our kids' pics and tell little boys that she's the mom. I guess they thought she was cooler for it. I missed the memo. lol
    MoNKeyBoyz

Answer by MoNKeyBoyz at 5:19 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Only my friends and family could see my kids photos. But seriously what is someone going to do snatch my kids through a computer screen?! I feel there are crazy folks everywhere. They are at the pools, parks, malls and everywhere else. We can't hide our kids.
    JayRo00

Answer by JayRo00 at 5:21 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I post my kids pictures on my FB though I keep it set to friends only. My husband posts our kids pictures as well and I did get alittle annoyed with him as he does not have his set to friends only and had his FB linked to our business site that had our address and phone number on it. I have since changed it to a PO BOX for business and a business cell number.. and asked him to please keep just the kids photos to friends only.

Michele975

Answer by Michele975 at 5:44 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• "younger family member of mine use our kids' pics and tell little boys that she's the mom."

That's just weird. 

To the OP - I'm with you.  I think the paranoia is a little extreme. 

Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 5:57 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• There's a reason for some of the paranoia: http://cbs3.com/video/?id=97882@kyw.dayport.com  It's even happened here - go Google Donna Crowe sometime.

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:55 PM on Jun. 29, 2010