Do food stamps roll over?

We live in NC and I am wondering if the food stamps balance rolls over or not? I've tried looking it up, but could not find any information and the office is closed at the moment. Dh and I did our resubmission but it took longer than expected and we still have about $300 dollars until the 12th and they start over again. I'm just wondering if we should stock up on staples or if we can leave it on the card and have a little extra for a few months....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:16 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Food & Drink

• yes they do
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 5:17 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• where I am they roll over for a while and then they just cut the amount if it continues to happen. If you don't need what they are giving you then they cut it back. That helps make sure there is enough to go around and prevents waiting list.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:19 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• They should remain on your card until you use them. Good question...I don't think I know anyone on food stamps that would not use them all up ASAP! LOl....but hey whatever works.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 5:19 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• From what I gather they stay on the card and roll over here in WV
    JennyMarie

Answer by JennyMarie at 5:27 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Of course they roll over
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 5:28 PM on Jun. 29, 2010