Actual birthDAYs and birthday parties:

I am celebrating my sons birthday on the 10th this year because I am having his brother on the 13th, my question is do you give your son/daughter a gift on their actual birthdays or what? What do you do, just a party on the nearest weekend and do the gift thing then or what?

nakoal87

Asked by nakoal87 at 5:20 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I give my dd her gift at dinner on the day of her bday if her party is on a different day.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 5:24 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• The past 2 years we have been able to have my sons party on his actual birthday so we gave him his gift then. But if his birthday falls on a day that is not the weekend, we have a little family birthday party the day of his actual birthday and give him his gift. Then we have his party the weekend following his birthday, I like to have his parties after his actual birthday for some reason.
    GavinsMommii

Answer by GavinsMommii at 5:25 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• If their birthday is during the work week we won't have a party till that Saturday. We do give our kids a gift on their birthday, make a special cake for them and make their favorite dinner.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 5:26 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I always tried to have a party on the actual day and gave them their gifts on their day
    JennyMarie

Answer by JennyMarie at 5:26 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• My oldest son is almost 5 y/o so I've been asking him since he was 3 how he wants to celebrate his birth. It makes him feel like he gets to make a big decision about himself all by himself. But if your child is younger then, maybe you should just do simple cake, and ice cream with some type of activity. Your pregnant so take it easy.
    sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 5:27 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I always have my kids parties on the weekend closest to their birthday, then I give them a present and a card on their actual birthday. (They also are relieved of any chores for that day.)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 5:27 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• All my kids are in June so instead of having people over 3 times in the month, I do one get together with family. On their birthday, they get to pick what's for dinner and we do cake and ice cream and they get the presents from me.

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 5:31 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• We do something fun that day (or day before) and have a fun dinner and cupcakes. We also give them a small give the day of but wait until their party to give the rest of their gifts.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 6:44 PM on Jun. 29, 2010