Billy has a potty mouth,, what to do? (kind of funny but not really) Need some advice!

Okay, DS is very verbally aware,, he know NO BAD words are allowed period! HE love to get a rise out of people,,,,got a call from daycare today,,he told his playmate to please shake your boobies! No bad words,,just testing what he could get away with,,,He just turned 5 and is very interested in the differences between boys and girls. Yesterday the saying was Shake your weiner,,,,we took away his bike and no cartoons for a week,, what should be today's punishment,, We had a long talk about good choices of words and bad ones,,,his answer? I love to see the look on peoples face when I am nasty! Can someone help me from creating the next Eddie Murphy? We do not talk this way at home,, he gets it from the bigger kids at school...and seems to think he is a comedian!

kimigogo

Asked by kimigogo at 5:20 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I would talk to him about how those phrases and subjects and make people feel bad. It's not something we talk about like that. It may be funny to some people but to other people it isn't so it's best to save those kinds of jokes for when he is alone with his friends or not at all depending on your views. After he understands this then go into consequences. Let him help to pick them. What do you think should happen if your caught making people feel bad by using these words/jokes again? He says I dunno. Give him a choice. Should you losse TV or your bike for (insert days here). Stay consistent and let his teachers know the consequence as well. They can decide how many warnings they want to give before you get the 'bad' report.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:28 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I think you need to find out who is teaching him this stuff. It's not typical language for most five year olds.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 6:57 PM on Jun. 29, 2010