Supermarket shopping with your children?

When taking them to the supermarket, my son used to take his shoes and socks off. The cashier would get a big kick out of his "making" himself at home. The problem was trying to put them back on since he was getting all this attention . If I put the cart too close to the shelves my kids would pick out stuff that interested them. I found some very interesting foods in the cart. Of course, I didn't buy everything that they thought belonged in there. Just a couple of things though.

CafeMochaMom1

Asked by CafeMochaMom1 at 5:21 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I remember this with my youngest he is 6 now and it was awful...he would have all of his clothes off and down to his diaper before I knew it...and yes it was so hard to get him redressed because he loved the attention too....I quit taking him when I went to the grocery store..but not everyone has that option that I had. good Luck!
    JennyMarie

Answer by JennyMarie at 5:24 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• lol. This is why I never shop with my kids! I go after DH is home and the kids are in bed! I'm sorry I am no help.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:22 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Let him take some little toys or books to keep him busy. If he is old enough let him help you pic out fruit and veggies. I try to leave mine at home when DH is home. I will get up early on a Saturday or sunday and go
    JayRo00

Answer by JayRo00 at 5:26 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• you will want those days back when your baby is a teenager,lol, I always tried to distract them with toys or munchies. also get a toy from the toy section and explain it belongs to the store and the casheir gets it back when you leave..then they can have something new while you shop and the cashier gets to have it back before she scans it
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 5:32 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I try not to but most of the time I have too.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 5:32 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Yea, my son has SPD, he used to take his cloths off all the time. I quit taking him to the store. i go at night.
    mcqueenmom2

Answer by mcqueenmom2 at 5:37 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Omg the sock and shoes thing reminds me of my nephew . I think most kids do that in the store .
    waitin4u

Answer by waitin4u at 6:18 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I normally try to do the shopping when my oldest is in school. Of course now that it's summer they will all be coming with me. I try to get the 'car' shopping cart so the baby can sit in the seat and the two older boys sit in the car. It's not too bad.
    brykev

Answer by brykev at 6:51 PM on Jun. 29, 2010