trying to keep my mouth shut....soo hard!

my friend has 3 kids and her hubby hasn't worked in a looong time and collects unemployment, was just in jail for throwing her down in public, they have to get assistance every month to pay their rent, last like 6-7 months they have faced eviction each month, always about 400 a month short each month, and yet... are trying to have another baby!! WTF really? it is so hard to not say anything, but it's like if the roof over your head is being threatened and rely on others to give u food to survive, why would you activally try for another baby i dont understand .. is it just me that would be confused?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:21 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Money & Work

• I dont think i could continue to be friends with someone like that! I know people like that and it drives me crazy. They think the world owes them and jsut keep making poor choices.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 5:22 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I know some folks like that. Cheapest form of recreation...procreation.

Some people are morons. If you can't take care of yourself on your own, why in HELL would you try to have another child? So one more person can be miserably poor and abused?
    BuddyRoo

Answer by BuddyRoo at 5:24 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Not cool.
    CrazedMomof2

Answer by CrazedMomof2 at 5:28 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• It is illogical thinking but I believe some people think if they can't have all the good things in life, at least they can have children. They don't plan for the future or realize they can't afford the child, much less the one they have. They just think it's something they can "have" and have control over when they don't feel they have control over anything else.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 5:28 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I think you need to say to her what your feeling,, I also think a call to SRS wouldn't be a bad idea,, SHE is harming her kids by staying in this ,,,,UGGGGG! I think you need to distance yourself from her after you say what you need to say, I am sure she is IN LOVE and he WILL CHANGE,, give me a break already! She should be getting her tubes tied!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 5:29 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I honestly couldn't stay friends with people like this because 1) I wouldn't be able to keep my mouth shut and would lose the friendship anyways and 2) I don't need to listen to the problems of people who go out of their way to create the problems.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 5:39 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• i think its strange they are close to eviction and no one has said hey what the heck? I was thinking that maybe they are trying to save something in their relationship? after all he did hurt her and maybe this is the way they are trying to save their relationship. Its at a time like this when I would sit down and ask my friend how is this child going to save their relationship? I would also ask her how this added stress would make their life better a baby is a blessing but one that will do more harm then good if it can't be received right. Maybe your question to her should be to her if you are her friend is what are you going to do for the children who are here? GL Momma

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:58 PM on Jun. 29, 2010