Ways to keep 2 yr. old entertained during 2 hour flight

Going on vacation to visit family in a few weeks. The flight is only 2 hours, but trying to think of some ways to keep my 2 year old son busy during this time so he doesnt whine/cry ! Portable DVD player would be amazing, but unfortunately we do not own one, lol. Any recommendations?

xxMasonsMommaxx

Asked by xxMasonsMommaxx at 5:28 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

• I took my daughter's little backpack with snacks, a book, a notepad and crayons and a couple of little cars. We also played with the pretzels the flight attendant gave us. We looked at the pictures in the free magazines. Everytime she got a bit bored with what we were doing, I changed it up. I just put the tray down and kept putting new things out for her to play with. An we sat by the window, so she would watch the clouds.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 6:09 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• What I did when my were this age and a flight needed to be taken was to ensure that they were sleepy so that they would be more likely to nap for the flight. If this is not possible make sure to bring all the fun stuff like color books and crayons, MP3 player with kid music loaded, etc.
    lucindamartinez

Answer by lucindamartinez at 5:33 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• does he like to color? Puzzles or even. I don't know. Good luck tho.
    lifeisgreatbut.

Answer by lifeisgreatbut. at 5:34 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Coloring only keeps him entertained for a few minutes so Im not sure that would work. But hopefully he will just fall asleep during the flight! Lol. Thank you both
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Comment by xxMasonsMommaxx (original poster) at 5:38 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• dramamine. LOL Not really kidding.
    BuddyRoo

Answer by BuddyRoo at 5:59 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• i would get a dvd player. my daughter is 21 months and when we have to take long trips we borrow a dvd player. she loves it. and it is a peaceful ride for us as well. :) good luck and have fun
    Preggydyke

Answer by Preggydyke at 6:13 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Thanks everyone! You have all been very helpful :)
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Comment by xxMasonsMommaxx (original poster) at 6:30 PM on Jun. 29, 2010