okay, so last night i waited about 20 mins and laid with my hips up after sex....and (maybe TMI)

i find it weird that today i have not had any "dripage"...ya know what i mean? usually it runs right out but i have never laid that long..i always clean up almost immediatly. I guess my question is for those who don't clean up after sex and just lay there or are ttc..how long have you gone until the dripage came?

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 5:39 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• anywhere from a few minutes to 24 hrs. Depends on how we did it!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:41 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• This could potentially be really good for you. If your cervix was really open and the semen was deposited very high up, maybe it stayed up in the area.
    I'm not sure, about this, but after my last two IUI's I only had to lay on the table for 10 minutes and didn't have any drippage.
    Just a guess, just my humble opinion.
    good luck!
    juliawerre

Answer by juliawerre at 9:11 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• even when I put my hips up when I was TTC I had some dripage after sex but not awhile after. I think it depends on how much semen is left over but u probaly peed it out or just didnt notice it maybe? idk. the last time I put my hips up that long when I was ttc I still had it and then after I pee and lost most of the dripage. I wouldn't worry about it tho
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 5:42 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• i know..usually i feel it gush. i was thinking it was because i peed and didnt notice but i guess i was just wondering if it was hiding in a secret spot in my uterus somewhere..haha.
    shay1130

Comment by shay1130 (original poster) at 5:46 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• We are ttc and I always lay 10 to 20 mins on my back afterward. I used to get up right afterward to tinkle and wipe and it was usually running down my leg half way to the bathroom! Now even after laying there when I roll over some still comes out, sometimes even the next morning some comes out. Now you have me wondering if not enough is staying up there in me!!!
    summerbudbud

Answer by summerbudbud at 9:48 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• FYI. the drippage is semen not sperm. the sperm goes in the cervix and potentially gets u preggers. the semen is just like the "juice" lol that carries the sperm. So don't worry about not gettin enough inside of u.
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 4:03 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I was going to say the same as the previous post. The drippage is the semen not the sperm. The fluid never gets into your uterus. When you have artificial insemination they actually separate the sperm from the fluid because the fluid could cause infection if it got into your uterus. I wouldn't worry too much about it.
    eagerforbaby

Answer by eagerforbaby at 8:48 PM on Jun. 30, 2010