What would you think...

Long story...
A few weeks ago while at my grandmother's house, I heard my son crying while playing with my nephew, then all of a sudden he stopped. I went into the room and my nephew(3 yr old) was on his back and had his head smashed so hard into the floor that I couldn't hear him crying. I got him off of my son and his mother, my SIL, told him that it wasn't ok.
Now, rewind two days to when my son was at my SIL's house being watched by my MIL... he came home with bruises on his arms and when asked, she told me that she "didn't hear him crying" so she didn't know what happened.

Would you let her watch him after all this?? I ask because she got upset that I didn't want her to watch my son around my nephew without me there. Well, I just told her I would rather her watch him at our house, but what would you think?? She wants to watch him tomorrow for our anniversary at SIL's house but I am worried...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:39 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

• I personally wouldn't allow it. I know boys will be boys, but that is just scary, for your child to have his head to the floor so hard you can't hear him crying anymore. If you did not walk in, he could have been suffocated. Do what your are comfortable with and follow your gut instinct. Your child's safety is more important than your MIL's feelings. Better to be safe than sorry.
    GavinsMommii

Answer by GavinsMommii at 5:43 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I would be pretty upset. Yes, boys will be boys, but the boys that are THAT rough need to be supervised at ALL times. If they will not do that, then no, I would not let me son be there without me.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 5:46 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I would rather have a safe kid and pissed off family than happy family and a dead kid.
    Your nephew sounds like a wild brat. I wouldn't even have my kid around him if I WAS there. You did the right thing.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 5:50 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I am really laid back and I wouldn't allow it either, kids fight, that's one thing, but to come home looking like someone had just used you for 10 rounds of practice is another thing.

Nope, my kid would go with me or I wouldn't go.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 9:48 PM on Jun. 29, 2010