What are some healthy snacks to take to a movie?

Mommy2JoshNJake

Asked by Mommy2JoshNJake at 5:40 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Food & Drink

• grapes and cherries
    drfink

Answer by drfink at 6:42 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Most movie theaters have restrictions on outside food and drinks. While being healthy is a good idea, I dont think being dishonest is a good lesson to teach the littles. JMHO
    m_ellingson

Answer by m_ellingson at 5:45 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• String cheese, trail mix, beef jerky...funny story. Once a long time ago my sister and I went to the movies and decided to take in our own snacks for the kids. We were all munching on stuff and my nephew says, "nina can I have some more bacon" ( beef jerky) and we laughed our butts off it was really funny and he said it really loud too lol. so....anyway have fun :)
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 5:52 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• peanuts, raisins, pretzels...you know what? Trail mix. Just don't get caught! :0)
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:42 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• grapes, nuts, cereal mix...
    sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 5:44 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Raisins or dry cereal. I used to put stuff like that in a baggie and pop it in my purse. It's not like they frisk you. LOL
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 5:49 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I love to make air-popped popcorn. I carry a large purse to the movies just so I can smuggle my snacks and huge water bottle in!
    nataliemorgan

Answer by nataliemorgan at 6:23 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• My kids favorites are apple slices in a baggie (they each get one, no sharing = no fighting), crackers (goldfish, wheatables, wheat thins, things like that), dry cereal (also in baggies - nothing frosted or with marshmallows or anything). Fruit snacks if we have them in the house.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 7:18 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Eating healthy is GREAT! But I must say it is not something I want to teach my child; breaking the rules is not okay. Unless you go to the movies every day or every week then I would suggest purchasing your snacks there; everything in moderation, ya know. Or, eat prior to going to the show.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 7:24 PM on Jun. 29, 2010