Long distance relationship?

What are some ways for us to improve our communication while he is away? He doesn't have a webcam so that's not an option for us. I don't mind sending pics to him but its almost impossible for me to get him to send me any. But what are good things to do? What are some things to talk about? We talk everyday but both of us run out of things to say and he sucks at communicating anyway, he's just not a big talker so I'm at a loss on what to do....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:50 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• Whne my DH and I are separated due to deployments if we run out of things to talk about for our day we discuss other things like plans for our future or just really anythinglike current politics what I plan to get the neighbor for their birthday just anything. Sometimes you just have to push through the slow times, because every once in awhile you may just not really have much to discuss.
    GigantaursMommy

Answer by GigantaursMommy at 6:47 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• When my ex fiance and I were separated due to deployment, we had a "notebook". We would each keep it for a few days...write down things about our day, write messages to each other, etc....and then ship it off. Back and forth.

The best thing I ever did though was just keep busy!
    BuddyRoo

Answer by BuddyRoo at 5:53 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Maybe you all should space out your convo's, do you have to talk to each other every day? Maybe you could send texts throughout the day when you are reminded of him or something, and only talk every other or very few days?
    kimbob2284

Answer by kimbob2284 at 5:56 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• My Dh has the gift of gab. We talk about kids, money, family, neighbors, MY MOTHER, LOL I think its okay to run out of things to say. Once in a while it happens to us..I tell him I love him and go do what I need to do. When there is love...then comfortable silences are okay,
    peachwine

Answer by peachwine at 7:02 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Why don't you try old fashioned hand written letters?

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:58 PM on Jun. 29, 2010