Help! Im 7 wks Pregnant & spotting!

I know Ive read that this can be normal, but I Never had any spotting whatsoever w/my 1st two pregnancies. I dont have any hard cramping, the blood is darker in color & sticky, but it seems to be turning a little brighter red w/this last bathroom visit. It only comes out when I go to the bathroom, I dont need to wear a pad yet. Is this normal, Ive got myself so scared & my Dr."s nurse isnt calling me back..... Please respond ASAP
Thank You

hjp78

Asked by hjp78 at 5:57 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• hon if you are truly scared-go tot he er, call the nurse again-do whatever
    meanwhile lay on left side, drink water, feet up....dont move...relax...but I am praying you are calling the doc or er....xx
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 5:58 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• i spotted at 7 weeks also...i went to the emergency room and they ended up doing an internal ultra-sound. everything was okay. i also hear that this is very common!!!
    bcw4786

Answer by bcw4786 at 5:58 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Call again and tell them it's an emergency. You can also call the ER and they can advise you.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 6:00 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I'm not sure. Good luck!
    MommySwiggles

Answer by MommySwiggles at 6:04 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Is it clotted or just dark color..clotted blood is not a good sign. I don't want to worry you but you should go to the ER especially if you notice clots. It could be a sign of miscarriage
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:04 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Its nothing to freak about. Its normal, Aslong as its not heavy your fine. But if your really worried go see your family doctor or take a trip to the ER.. good luck
    firstbaby_2010

Answer by firstbaby_2010 at 6:08 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Don't bother with the ER. They can't help, and they're expensive. They usually won't even do an ultrasound on a mother not in her 3rd trimester. Trust me, I've been to the ER for bleeding during pregnancy twice.

It sounds pretty normal to me. Only time will tell if you have a healthy pregnancy, though. Keep calling your doctor's office until you get someone and then switch doctors since they can't seem to return your calls in a timely manner. But avoid the ER unless you start soaking a pad an hour or have a lot of pain.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 6:16 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• it sounds pretty normal
    I freaked out when i was in my first trimester and spotting as well not enough to wear a pad or anything
    when i went for my first ultrasound at 12 weeks i found out the reason i was spotting was because i had placenta previa which ended up fixing itself in the 2nd trimester and now im a mom to a beautiful little girl
    not saying you have placenta previa some ladies just spot
    every pregnancy is different
    Mommy2be6810

Answer by Mommy2be6810 at 7:12 PM on Jun. 29, 2010