Do you believe that the death penalty is necessary?

acolson3

Asked by acolson3 at 12:39 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I don't think letting murderers and rapists sit in a jail that our tax dollars pay for so they can feel the guilt. I'm pretty sure that most of them don't feel an ounce a guilt. And jails are waaaay different then they used be! They offer college courses, have gyms, books, free time. Some are better than others and obviously there is still violence, but no way do I want my money to pay to keep the sickos alive!
    bethany_smith

Answer by bethany_smith at 1:30 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• YEP!!! I believe we should be like thirs world contries and cut off their hands if they steal, cut out their tongues if they lie and cut of their d*ck and balls if they molest or rape!
    Tahjanae_s_Mom

Answer by Tahjanae_s_Mom at 12:40 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Yes
    elwalters77

Answer by elwalters77 at 12:40 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• i think the death penalty is the easy way out, people who murder others for pleasure need to be punished long and good, and live in their guilt! Also we have no right to play God and decide who lives and who dies.
    Ginanne

Answer by Ginanne at 12:41 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Yes, unfortunately, it is.
    kathyjul

Answer by kathyjul at 12:41 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• No. I do not agree with taking a life unless it is in self-defense. And I do not believe the death penalty is self-defense.
    iamhis0

Answer by iamhis0 at 12:41 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I don't believe that the death penalty is necessary. An eye for an eye isn't the way to solve anything. I would rather them rot in prison no matter what the expense is.
    MarandaCrocker

Answer by MarandaCrocker at 12:41 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I believe its necessary, but they should suffer more.
    Hecate9

Answer by Hecate9 at 12:43 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• The Bible shows that the death penalty was used.
    If more death penalties were used, we would see a change in all the negative behavior that has our prisons bursting at the seams.
    If someone rapes and molests children~~~DEAD~~~~~~if someone intentionally kills someone~~~~~~DEAD~~~~~end of repeating it when they get out. I for one am tired of suporting them in the prisons so they can repeat it when they get out.
    Why should my husband and I work 16-18 hour days to house them?
    adamandramona

Answer by adamandramona at 12:56 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Of course not.
    Anonymous