Does anyone have a good recipe for potato soup?

I know that some of you mamas can just wing it, but I need approximate amounts ;-)

Iamgr8teful

Asked by Iamgr8teful at 6:08 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Food & Drink

• gransmom soup recipe is very yummy, I have made it from allrecipes but there is a site devoted to potato soup recipes www potato soup.com.Lots of different kinds also.,...a whole site to potato soup  lol...but some are good.

drfink

Answer by drfink at 6:24 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• YES YES YES!  You absolutely MUST try this recipe, it is so freaking good I can't stand it.  And it has well over 3500 five star reviews on allrecipes.com...you will not be sorry, I promise.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Delicious-Ham-and-Potato-Soup/Detail.aspx

gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 6:11 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Potato Leek Soup

6 potatoes, peeled and cut into large pieces
    8 leeks, whites only, thoroughly washed
    3 stalks celery, roughly chopped
    1 medium onion, peeled and quartered
    1 bay leaf
    2 quarts chicken or vegetable stock
    1/2 cup all-purpose flour
    4 ounces (1 stick) melted butter
    1 cup heavy cream
    1 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
    Salt and pepper

In a large pot, place potatoes, 4 of the leeks (reserving the rest), celery, onion, bay leaf and stock and bring to a boil, about 15 minutes. Continue to boil until potatoes are soft. Chop the remaining 4 leeks. Mix flour and butter in small bowl to make a roux for thickening the soup. Add the remaining leeks, roux, cream, fresh thyme, and salt and pepper. Remove bay leaf. Using an immersion blender (or in batches in a blender or food processor), blend soup until smooth. Pour into a medium pot and simmer for 20 more minutes until soup has thicken

Answer by rkoloms at 6:44 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Have you ever had the zuppa toscana from Olive Garden? It's a potato soup but isn't as rich as some of the others I've tried.

BuddyRoo

Answer by BuddyRoo at 6:09 PM on Jun. 29, 2010