Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Some what of a long question(lots of questions and kind of long)

If you wanted your children to go to a free private school(we have one here) and enrolled them, but later on found some bad reviews online would you take them out and put them in regular school? Also what if one got in and not the other? (the other was put on the waiting list) The bad reviews would be as a example: the school is more about money then education. The admin people are some what stuck up and really don't care for the kids. Would you allow your children to go and find out for yourself or not go due to what the reviews say?

 
itsallabtthem84

Asked by itsallabtthem84 at 6:23 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in

Level 37 (91,104 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (5)
  • If there is a good chance that the other one will get in, I would give it a shot and see what happens. Even a really good school can have a bad teacher. Maybe all the comments were about one person in specific and that person is gone now..... you just never know. ~ However, I would make sure to be VERY active from the very beginning in the school. The more involved you are, the better feel you can get of how things are run AND, the more capable you are to help bring about a change!!!
    If half of the reviews were about them being concerned about money, I wouldn't worry about those. Of course they are concerned about money! All schools are...and if they need to call and ask to get paid, parents get ticked. But how else are they supposed to offer all the benefits of a private school without the funds? know what I mean???
    christyg

    Answer by christyg at 7:40 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

  • I probably wouldn't enroll them if all my children couldn't go together. As for the reviews from the site, could it be just a few mad parents or was it a lot of people saying the same kinds of things? Is there anyway to wait until both children can go together? Can the one who is accepted wait to go until the other one is accepted, if so I would send them and see for myself. But if not I would just keep them in the school they are already in.
    BlainesMommy09

    Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 6:59 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

  • I don't know if the parents are mad or not. The site has about 15 reviews and about 6 of them are not good reviews. They also almost all say the same thing. There is a good chance that the one who is on the priority list will get in before school starts. If I wait then they both lose there spot and won't get in at the same time anyways. This private school has now become tuition free, which is great. I have looked at both my opinions and I believe we would save more money if they both went to this private school. I don't have the patients to teach them at home, either. I have thought about it, but can't do that.
    itsallabtthem84

    Comment by itsallabtthem84 (original poster) at 7:32 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

  • If they couldn't both get in, I wouldn't put either one of them end.
    And I think it depended on what I read were the reviews. Have you heard anything from people who have actually taken their children there? The internet reviews could be just one parent who is mad that went on and posted a lot of mean things...or they could all be true. It mostly depends on how YOU feel about what was said in the reviews.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

    Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 7:37 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

  • Have you checked out the school yourself? First and foremost both of your kids should go or neither one goes. If they both make it in why not give it a shot? If it is as bad as other say it is could you take them out and put them in public school?
    Mommy_0f_many

    Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 9:13 PM on Jun. 29, 2010