Do you parents/in-laws help out with your kids?

I swear my mom is always talking about how much she loves her grandson and making it out to all her friends that she is some awesome grandma, but every time I ask her to help me out and watch him(which isn't very often) she is always hesitant about it. It's almost like she really doesn't want to but she does it out of guilt. It is really starting to piss me off!

GavinsMommii

Asked by GavinsMommii at 6:27 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in About CafeMom

• my mom is like that too. my dad is pretty good, he and my step mom take the non breast feeding kids about every other week. my mom has never done this. the only time my kids go to her house is when my sister's kids are there, and call and ask if i will bring my kids too. my mom has pictures of the kids at her office, and she does brag about them. i think my mom's problem is that she can not plan ahead to save her life! i don't think her heart is in a bad place.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 6:34 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I am sure they all would for very short periods of time but they all live over 900 miles away.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 6:28 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• never never never!!!! every time I have asked it is a NO, except my Mom, but she passed 10 years ago. MIL is a BITCH! and FIL is an idiot, he doesn't accknowlage their birthdays and he is even reminded by Dh who he works with.
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 6:29 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• My mom helped a lot when my son was first born and my husband and I were both working. Since then though she really doesn't take him is often and I feel guilty asking her because she always hesitates when I do ask.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 6:30 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Well my mom is in GA and my Dad is in CA so no they can not help out - my in-laws are close by however I would never ask them to help........kwim........
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 6:30 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• My mom would if she had the time but she works a lot. FIL can watch them in short spurts but he is disabled and can't watch them for longer than say an hour.
    MommySwiggles

Answer by MommySwiggles at 6:30 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• My parents will take my children whenever I need them to. :) My FIL we wouldn't even ask to sit. I don't think he'd know what the hell to do with a baby and a 3 yo. When he visits us he's very involved though.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 6:31 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• My mom asks me for the kids at least once a week. My in-laws are away most of the year but when they are home they do like to take the kids overnight.
    brykev

Answer by brykev at 6:32 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• If they're not working they will watch the kids for us and my oldest goes to her grandmas almost every weekend.
    AWebber212

Answer by AWebber212 at 6:34 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• No they dont. My mom has multiple sclerosis and is not able to do anything and I would never leve my son with my dad. As for my inlaws, they only come to visit every few months since my dil is a trucker and isnt home often and neither me or my husband like my fil's girlfriend.
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 6:34 PM on Jun. 29, 2010