Deep Fried Hot Dog

Ok so I have been watching the food channel for like 2 weeks lol. Last week they showed a place that deep fries their hot dogs and everyone said they are so good.
Has anyone had one before??? I loved deep fried food and I love hot dogs lol... I have 2 lonely hot dogs in the fridge and am thinking of making one.
I just dont want to go at it and be completely disquisted.

So have you tried?? Would you recommend? Whats the difference in taste/texture?

Trotterswife

Asked by Trotterswife at 6:27 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I'm Scottish so of course I've had a deep friend hot dog. The fish and chip shop is the restaurant of choice and they deep fry everything. Honestly I didn't notice much difference. The skin is a little crispier but that's about it, it's basically the same as steaming as far as the inside goes.

If you really want something different try deep fried pizza or a deep fried cheeseburger; take a fast food type cheeseburger, dip it in batter, and deep fry it. Follow it up with a battered and fried mars bar. Just don't deep fry skittles, they will kill the fryer. Trust me.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 7:17 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• they are also known as a ripper. shallow fry one to try it. It kakes them crispier. I like mine cooked on a griddle with natural casing. Microwaved dogs are nasty!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 6:31 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I have never heard of them but I wouldn't eat them cause they sound fattening. And if Im going to eat something to make me fat then I want it to be something that tastes better than a hot dog! lol

Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 6:34 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• They are really gross and fattening. I would not recommend them at all.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 6:28 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I have never heard of deep fried hot dogs but I have been to the state fair in our area and they had deep fried snickers bars and pickles....lol. We tried them both and honestly I think they were both disgusting just like it sounds ha ha. As for deep fried hot dogs...I like corn dogs and their deep fried.... here at home we buy them frozen and bake them. Try it...let us all know how it turned out. Good luck.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 6:32 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• In Chicago, it's called a Maxwell Street Polish...

Answer by rkoloms at 6:29 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• this reminds me of the old tv show, GIlmore Girls. Deep fried a turkey and started deep frying everything they could find. Deep fried shoe! lol..good luck, remember the ketchup!
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 6:30 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Chefjen: thats exactly what they were called on the show lol. We are having meatloaf tonight, but i tend to munch after the kids go to bed since i dont get to eat during the day. I might, might, might try one lmao.
    Im the gotta try everything once type of person.
    Trotterswife

Comment by Trotterswife (original poster) at 6:36 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I'm feeling that same tightening in my chest as I did the first time someone told me about deep fried bacon. Really, though, I don't think it would be any different than fried bologna.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:38 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• my dh and I saw the same episode a while back.. we tried and it was really gross IMO.. but if you like greasy fried bologna with crust you might like them.. it made sick to my stomach after the first bite.

munchkinaplenty

Answer by munchkinaplenty at 10:28 PM on Jun. 29, 2010