Why do people do this?

We were in a restaurant a little while ago having dinner and there was a group of guys (probably in their late teens, early 20's) sitting a few tables away from us. As we started eating our dinner, one of the guys BLEW HIS NOSE AT THE TABLE!!!!! EEWWWW!! How hard is it to walk to the bathroom to blow your nose? That is soooo gross!!!

Bethsunshine

Asked by Bethsunshine at 6:51 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Omg!!! Seriously, this bothers me so much! It is so incredibly rude and disgusting. It's really not fair that my appetite gets ruined because I have to hear someone else's snot being blown out of their nose. Maybe I sound like a b#tch, but I was taught manners,and that it was very impolite to do that. My husband did it ONCE while with me, and after I told him how I felt, that was the last time he'll ever do it, lol.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 6:53 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• i see it every day where i work! it is so freaking gross. Then they leave the napkin on the table and expect the server to clean it up! Once me and dh were at ihop and the table behind us kept blowing his nose! I almost gagged on my food. I made a point to speak loudly about how freaking nasty and rude that was.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:55 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• At least he was blowing his nose into a napkin or a tissue and not sneezing on your plate or you didn't have to see the snot running out his nose.. lol sorry just a thought.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 6:55 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• i HATE that it is so gross and annoying
    baby1mom

Answer by baby1mom at 6:58 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• EWWW so gross!!
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 7:00 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I never notice lol I dont find it rude..
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 7:04 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• No, what's even worse was that recently we went to a buffet and someone did this! I watched someone blow and wipe and pick their nose, then get up and pick up multiple tongs. They didn't even wash their hands first. That is a complete lack of consideration right there! I told my husband, "I don't CARE how much you like Chinese buffets, I'm about done going to ANY sort of buffet.". People are just too nasty! Another time, I saw a guy walk up with a dirty plate to refill it, then pick and eat his way along the buffet. God, after that, I didn't even want to eat. Were some people literally not taught anything, lol?
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 7:20 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I don't think I've ever really paid attention to whether or not someone does that.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 8:24 PM on Jun. 29, 2010