Moms I need help Please!!!

I'm a stay at home mom. my husband works but we're just not making it. I'm also trying to help my parents out after they've had two house fires. I need a job that I don't have to pay to start because I just don't have the extra cash right now. but I'm getting desprate. PLEASE HELP ME!

MBax

Asked by MBax at 7:01 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Money & Work

• go to www.wahm.com you should be able to find something there.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 7:04 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• It's not easy finding a job these days. If you are looking for a WAH job then I'm not any help. I know there are decent ones out there but I dont' know how to find them. I think you should start looking hard for a job. Look on craigslist, in the papers, apply at local companies. See if the Census Bureau in your area is still hiring, etc. Good luck! The only way to get a job is to look hard for one, it won't just fall in your lap.

jdhshamoo

Answer by jdhshamoo at 7:04 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I don't really have any advice for you, but I did want to say GOOD LUCK! ;-}
    AdoptingMyChild

Answer by AdoptingMyChild at 7:04 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Have you thought about childcare? Watching a kid or two during the week can bring in some ok money. That's what I've been doing.
    krystie-tina

Answer by krystie-tina at 7:05 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Girl i know the feeling! i am in the same boat you are in if ya finds out anything can ya let me know too! Good luck!
    mommylisar

Answer by mommylisar at 7:05 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I like the childcare idea. Sittercity.com and care.com might have some childcare, senior care, pet care, or housekeeping jobs. Good luck!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:19 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Why not talk to human services in your town and see if you can get child care assistance. You should qualify. Get your kids in daycare and get a job outside the home just until you are able to make ends meet. Or can your parents take care of the children during the day so you can get a job?

Self employment is so unreliable especially when you are just starting out. Good Luck to you!
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 7:25 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Have you thought abour market research?

Its easy and pays about $10-25 an hour. Usually its only weekends. Very mom schedule friendly. If you need more infomration contact me.

Emma Weekly
    EmmaWeekly.com
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 7:55 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?
    You can search for jobs that match you skill set and have a telecommute option.
    If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com ..
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization, I also do career and job search coaching

Answer by rkoloms at 9:55 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Here are a few companies to look into bluezerbraappointmentsetting.com, Asurion, AAArenewals.com,Callcenterinternational, and Salesforce.com. I think this is a good list to start from. I have in the past work for one of these companies. They are all currently hiring and If you want to know of more just PM me. I now currently do a homevased busniess that works well for me.

However I understand how it feels to have so much on your plate at one time I really wish you luck!
    P.johnson

Answer by P.johnson at 12:20 PM on Jul. 1, 2010