Would this insult you if I asked you this?

I was waiting at the transfer station for the city bus today and was approached by a Mom who asked me if I had an extra diaper. She told me she hadn't packed enough and her baby had pooped. I gave her a diaper and let her use my box of wipes to change her baby's diaper. Later, we ended up getting on the same bus and I after we had chatted for awhile I asked her this: "Can I ask you something? I hope you don't think I'm being nosey, but are you out of diaper's all together? ( She didn't have any diaper bag or even any clothes for the baby with her.) I know its the end of the month and I thought maybe she had run out. She told me no that she was ok but she seemed really uncomfortable after that. Was I out of line to ask that? The reason I asked is because if she was out I wanted to offer her the rest of what I had in my bag.

jamesmommy512

Asked by jamesmommy512 at 7:16 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I think maybe it would've been less awkward if you'd just offered her some extras in case the baby had another messy one before she got home without asking if she was out.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:19 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• No, I think you were just being nice. I might have been embarrassed if I had been her, but I wouldn't have been offended.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 7:17 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• no not offended...you were trying to help....maybe she was embarassed...or even ashamed that she had non.....
    sweetestkitten

Answer by sweetestkitten at 7:18 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• No I think it was amazing of you to anticipate that might be the case and ask her. Maybe it was the case and she was just ashamed.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 7:18 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I don't think you were out of line and I wouldn't have been offended or insulted.
    SebbiesMommy

Answer by SebbiesMommy at 7:18 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I dont think you were out of line, I know your intentions were for the best but I would have just offered the diapers if I thought she was completely out. :)
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 7:18 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I dont think you said anything wrong. It was a very nice thing to do!
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 7:18 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I wouldn't think nothing of it. Ive never asked anyone for a diaper but have been asked for one
    momof3ttc

Answer by momof3ttc at 7:18 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Your heart was in the right place. It can be hard to accept charity. Not having and needing is a really uncomfortable place to be.
    SandraLee242

Answer by SandraLee242 at 7:19 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Not at all. That was very kind, and observant of you to ask.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 7:19 PM on Jun. 29, 2010