Has anyone had an unusual 7 wk ultrasound

Im 7 wks pregnant, I know i am. I just had some minor spotting so i went to my Dr.s to make sure things were okay. A vaginal ultrasound showed nothing in the uterus. They did blood work, I wont get my levels back until tomorrow. I am having major/normal pregnancy symptoms including an inlarged belly (this is my 3rd pregnancy). Ive never had a miscarriage in the past. I guess my question is: Has anyone ever had an early ultrasound, saw nothing, but then went on to still have a normal pregnancy? (can it hide?)

hjp78

Asked by hjp78 at 7:22 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yes I did. Mine was because the US Tech did not know what she was doing. Good Luck to you.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 7:25 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• i havent but goodluck and stay positive
    Mommy2be6810

Answer by Mommy2be6810 at 7:29 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• My friend just had something similiar happen. She had an ultrasound at 8 weeks and it showed a sac but no baby. She went back at 10 weeks and they say a baby and everything was normal. She just delivered a 7lb 2 oz baby girl on the 24th! Good luck.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 7:32 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I haven't of course the only early ultrasounds I have had have either been around 8w4d when I miscarried my 2nd and 3rd pregnancies and this time at 6weeks knowing very well my levels were above 2,000 which is when everything because visible on an u/s including heartbeat.

I have read on this site about women having ultrasounds that show nothing, but everything turns out fine.

Try to stay positive and I will pray for you to get good results.

Just something about the bleeding if you were just staining/spotting when you wiped and were not bleeding out onto a pad that is a VERY good sign. BUT you can bleed heavy enough to stain a pad some and even pass little clots and still have a baby but it does lower the chances some.
    kfroz0415

Answer by kfroz0415 at 7:38 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Oh boy... I just went through this 2 weeks ago. It wasn't good news for me.
    At 7 weeks, I started spotting and went in for blood work and followed up with an ultrasound. My doc said she didn't see a pregnancy. She said she would need to monitor the hgc levels until they went back down to zero and then I would be free to ttc when ever I was ready. I was heart broken! I went back the following week (last week aka 8 weeks prego) and had the blood taken to check the levels again. I was called in for an ultra sound, unexpectedly, on Tuesday because my levels had gone up. Turns out I had an ectopic (tubular) pregnancy. I was rushed into surgery that night.
    Doc said they didn't see the pregnancy in the 1st ultra sound, probably because the baby wasn't growing at the rate he/she should have been.
    Good luck. I hope you don't go through the same thing. Feel free to send me a message if you have questions. Keep us posted.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 8:15 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Also...
    I agree with the post above. heavy bleeding with clots probably isn't good. Thats what I had! Keep in mind that brown spotting is old blood and isn't as concerning. Red blood is new. Again, best of luck! Your doc didn't say you miscarried so thats a good sign!
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 8:19 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Hugs momma
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 9:28 PM on Jun. 29, 2010