How can I make my summer with my daughter much more fun on a pretty low budget?

I just recently left my job to stay-at-home full time with my wonderful 7 yr old daughter. She just joined our family in February, and I am definitely learning that doing all the things I thought we would be able to do is going to cost me a lot more than what I can actually spend right now. I don't want to be constantly stuck in the house with no projects to do, but if I do everything I want us to be able to do, then I'm gonna go broke.... That would defeat the purpose of me staying at home with her!!! ;-}

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:24 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Just a few ideas:

1. PB&J picnics in the park
    2. A children's museum
    3. Hike at the local nature station
    4. Storytime at the public library
    5. Paint a mural in her bedroom
    6. Pine cone bird feeders
    7. Find a "series" book at the library (such as saddle club) and read a chapter a day.
    8. Sit on the porch swing together every evening to watch the sunset and drink lemonade.
    ARgal

Answer by ARgal at 7:36 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Regal Cinemas has free kids movies during the summer. Of course, they are the older ones but its still fun to go!
    http://www.regmovies.com/nowshowing/familyfilmfestivalschedule.aspx
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 7:29 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• get paint and markers and construction paper and general craft supplies, you can look online for easy crafts to do with her
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 7:25 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• go to the lake go to splash pads.....the lake can cost the first time but once you have the cooler and things like that..but the next times it will only cost you hot dogs buns and ice and gas.....have picnics at the park.....go sight seeing in your own town or near by cities....at night you can go star gazing google and print the star maps and see if you can find the pictured together...go camping! same as the lake only costs the first time the next time it only costs food and gas. and maybe a few bucks to pitch the tent.....there are all sorts of thing that a cheap and mega fun...gl!
    sweetestkitten

Answer by sweetestkitten at 7:35 PM on Jun. 29, 2010