has something happened to my son?!?!?!?!?!?

ok so for about 7-8 months now my son who is 5 started kissing boys and his girl cousins. we explained to him that he can not do that. then he was caught with another lil boy his cousin whom his dads sister let take a bath ith my son in the tub with the other lil boy on top of my son kissing him and they were both touching eachother. there was another time where they werre caught touching eachother in the bedroom under the covers. and today when i had picked him up after i got off work, the lady that was watching him said that she had caught my son and and older 7 yr old boy touching eachother under the covers. the 7 yr old boy said that my son had pulled down his pantand said i will be the girl. then the 7 yr old boy said that my son said that he was going to have sex with a lil 6 yr old girl. nothing like that goes on at my house do u think someone has touched him? or is this normal? pls help me

girls3boys1

Asked by girls3boys1 at 7:25 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I don't think that's normal and I'd be sitting my child down and asking them if someone had touched them or showed that.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 7:29 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• this is not normal....at all..a child that age should not know what sex is....touching them selves is normal touching someone else is not.....i would have a long talk with your son try to be non confrontational with him. and see if you can get to the bottom or it.....
    sweetestkitten

Answer by sweetestkitten at 7:29 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• No that is not normal. Children do go through phases of curiousity about themselves and the opposite sex, but he seems to know ALOT about it and that's not good. I don't know how he would know what to "do" or be so obsessed with sex unless he's been shown that. Is there anyone or any place of concern?
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 7:30 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I think you should talk to your son and ask about it like Syphon said. & I would explain that thats not appropriate behavior.. And would probably talk to the doctor about it and see what they think.
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 7:30 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• possible but to me it sounds like he has picked this up from other kids..likely his cousins and they are probably being touched by adults
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:30 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I would definitely be worried someone has done/is doing something inappropriate to him. Definitely look into it further.
    solamama

Answer by solamama at 7:31 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I think you should also be careful of when you allow your son to be alone w/ other young kids and even adults if you are not 100% comfortable w/ them until you figure out what is really going on..
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 7:33 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I would say it sounds like he saw something, or something happened. Being curious is normal, but this sounds like something more. I agree with Syphon I would try to sit him down and talk with him.
    SandraLee242

Answer by SandraLee242 at 7:33 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• He's seen something. Has he seen a movie that wasn't appropriate for his age? Don't say nothing like that goes on in your house, and I'm not saying he's been abused. Remember there is a natural curiosity for learning about their bodies though. Be very careful how you handle it so it doesn't backfire on you. Sit down and have a private conversation with him. Ask him if he has any questions he needs answered. Talk about what is appropriate for him as far as touch goes. I use the bubble space. No one is allowed into his space unless he says its ok and he isn't allowed into another person's bubble space without their permission. Then there is appropriate touch. You need to be specific yet appropriate for his age. He shouldn't think its dirty, but talk about his safety. He needs to know its always ok to come and talk to you. You love him and will always protect him no matter what anyone else tells him. Good luck!
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 7:34 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• If you get any kind of questionable feedback from him, ask him if he would be comfortable explaining it to you by using a doll. It could be he's seen a movie, or some other friends have been talking about it, so many scenarios. Be careful to keep an open mind and let him talk. Be supportive no matter what.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 7:36 PM on Jun. 29, 2010