Is it okay for a 2 yr old to eat cooked sushi (like california rolls) that have tobiko on top?

last night we went out to sushi and my son came with us for the first time. we let him have some sushi but it was california roll so avocado, cooked shrimp and cooked crab and had tobiko on top..is it okay for a 2 year old to eat tobiko?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:32 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My daughter has been eating this kind of sushi for the last year and a half (she is 3.5 yrs old) and she's never gotten sick from it. She loves it!
    Jenniejen77

Answer by Jenniejen77 at 7:43 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I think as long as he didn't have any type of reaction to it he is fine. I do have to say I am jealous- we recently moved and I have yet to find a place with California rolls and they are my fave!!!
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 7:34 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• ---original poster---

yeah we dont eat california rolls but got my son some. the place we go to though is our fave because the fish is so fresh and that is what you need in a good sushi restaurant so i wouldnt feed my son anything from a sushi place that i didnt trust anyways.. and he loved it and didnt have a reaction so far.
    djanowski775

Answer by djanowski775 at 7:43 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• It should be fine; Japanese toddlers eat sushi, not just tobiko. :)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:57 PM on Jun. 29, 2010