How do you make Nacho cheese dipping sauce?

I never liked any of the store brands they have, so was wondering if anyone had some recipes. Personally I prefer ones that you DO NOT mix salsa with.

xxhazeldovexx

Asked by xxhazeldovexx at 7:40 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Stir in a packet of taco seasoning or like taco bell sauce (they sell it by the jar at the store) instead of a salsa or chili; that way it's not chunky but flavorful....

Usually I use a double boiler and melt velveeta in a little milk; then add the seasoning flavor...
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 7:51 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• well i was going to say velveta and rotel....but you said you dont like salsa so velveta and chili....i like wolf brand but hormel chili is good too.....most restaraunts you come across that have "queso" is one or the other....i work and a very large and popular restaurant....and we have both kinds.....
    sweetestkitten

Answer by sweetestkitten at 7:42 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I cut up Velveeta into cubes and microwave it for 2 minutes at a time until it's melted (usually half a package). Then I mix in Rotel and Wolf chili without beans.
    esinmg

Answer by esinmg at 7:46 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• i always do the velveta, rotel, and hamburger meat...you could sub out the rotel if you don't like it. just fry the meat and put it in a crock pot and cook on low till everything is melted down
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:47 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I do Velveta and (Hormel Brand) Chili with no beans.
    It's one can of Chili and however much Velveta you would like.

I make it all the time for a snack too.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 7:47 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Have you tried the ones in the Mexican section? I don't like the canned ones in the regular part of the sotre, but the cans in the mexican food isle are pretty good!
    You could also just add a can of chopped green chilis (mild, med, or hot depending on what you like) to the velveeta instead of the salsa. It would add the same spice without the tomatoes.
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 7:52 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• my biggest thing is I don't want CHUNKY nacho sauce. I like the kind you get at the venders, however all the store brands are chunky, and those few that aren't I could make better by just cutting up and melting velvetta..
    xxhazeldovexx

Comment by xxhazeldovexx (original poster) at 8:04 PM on Jun. 29, 2010