If you don't mind me asking...

Have you or your children been molested? If so, at what age and by whom? It just seems like SOOOOO many moms on here have been victims themselves of the mother of victims of molestation. Its kind of scaring me!

Ash9724

Asked by Ash9724 at 7:48 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

• I am just completely terrified of my son being molested... I talk with him all the time and explain everything to him... I am not completely sure I was not molested, but someone in my molested my 2 boy cousins. I dont know if it was being so close to the situation or what...
    mrsmamaj

Answer by mrsmamaj at 7:53 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I was raped when I was 14 by a 31 year old man. He served 3 years before being released and they didnt even make him register as a sex offender, thats what pisses me off and because of that he doesnt have to stay away from me or anything. But I keep wasp spray in my brief case lol. It sprays 20 to 30 feet and blinds them until they go to the hospital.
    Trotterswife

Answer by Trotterswife at 7:51 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I have never been though I keep a very close eye on my child. I check her when she comes home from staying with anyone. She is 2 and wouldn't know the difference at this age, but if something were to look off there would be hell to pay.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:04 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• No, I have never been molested and neither have my sisters or my children. Or any of my sister's children. I think it is certainly good to be careful and protect your children. However if we are too paranoid about molestation we are doing our children an injustice as well.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 8:38 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Both of my sons were by their biological father and I was by my mother's still current husband, 33 years ago.
    esinmg

Answer by esinmg at 7:49 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• When I was little like 4 or 5, A guy named Larry would touch me and my sister, but it never went any further than that.
    My son however has never been touched.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 7:50 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• No, neither of my children have been. My sister was when she was a baby, but she doesn't remember it. I think she was about 2-3 at the time.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:51 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• i havent been "molested"..i have been taken advantage of by much older men at a very young age. I was probably 15, 16 yrs old and had 25 yr old boyfriends at times. I allowed it and didnt say no but i'm sure they knew better. I was in a huge rush to grow up.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:52 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I was, by my maternal grandfather. Both of my sons were, by my father. Its so maddening, you do everything you do to try to keep them safe... I never thought... No one watches my children but and my DH, ever...
    SandraLee242

Answer by SandraLee242 at 7:53 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• i watch my child like a hawk and would never leave him with strangers or family members that i didnt trust 100%
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:53 PM on Jun. 29, 2010