What is your best organization method/idea?

I have a large family and I am in the process of "trying" to get my home more organized. Looking for any ideas that you are willing to share. It can be about any type of organizing....from toys to clothes, to tupperware. With a house full of boys I need desperately to save myself the time and headache of always trying to figure out what to do with everything.
Your help is appreciated.

Thanks

kiddosX8

Asked by kiddosX8 at 7:51 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I'm a little OCD, but I go get shoe boxes that the store is throwing away and use them in my closets to separate and organize things - like in the "bathroom closet", I use one box for all aspirin, Tylenol, Motrin; one box for all the cough and cold remedies; one box for tummy ailments (Tums, antidiahhrea, Pepto Bismol). My food pantry is organized by shelf - once shelf for canned goods, one shelf for boxed goods, etc. Some shelves are divided in half so I can fit more on them! It also helps me get a quick glance to see what I need on shopping day. I'm probably crazy by most standards, but I usually know exactly what we have and where to find it! lol
    5BabyBees

Answer by 5BabyBees at 8:20 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Keeping my husband away from things and not letting him put anything up.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 7:56 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I have designated baskets for specific types of toys. My LO knows which toys go where. I use lot of plastic bins as well for other things like shoes and organizing in closets. I am in the process of trying to get more organized myself while we are moving. I am much better than I was a few years ago.
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:58 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Bins and lots of them ! The large tots are great to alternate summer and winter cloths which can clear up you closet quite a bit ! Lets see those travel airvac bags are great for extra blankets they can really save you some room and ummmm my brain isn't working right now so thats all i have LOL good luck :)
    nickynova

Answer by nickynova at 8:21 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• The best organization method is Entropy lol. All systems are more stable the less organized they are.

I organize almost nothing. Sorry I'm no help, but seriously, think about Entropy :p
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 8:55 PM on Jun. 29, 2010