This one is a longshot!!! Is anyone else in Florida going through an adoption with a child that is from out of state??

We are currently in the process of adopting a child where the main part of the case is in another state, and we are having the worst time ever trying to get someone to explain to us what is to happen next! The adoption will be able to finalize in about a month and a half, and I am so clueless as to what I am supposed to do. I was finally able to set up a consult with an atty, but I have no idea what to expect there either. I guess I'm just looking for someone with a similar situation to see how you are handling it! It is driving me crazy, and I have no clue how I am supposed to deal with the stress. They have foster parent liaisons, but I feel like those are only there for the people who are strictly doing foster care. They don't really give the same type of warmness to us since we are in a different part of the process. I guess they think we shouldn't stressed out about all of it, if this is what we "really want". ;-/

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:53 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Adoption

• I'm not but have you check to see if there are any adoption groups on CM that are active and ask there?
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 7:55 PM on Jun. 29, 2010