If your husband is addicted to online pornography, is that considered adultrey?

beauticontrol23

Asked by beauticontrol23 at 6:50 AM on Jun. 28, 2008 in Relationships

• I believe it is: Adultery is in the heart of someone - it is not necessarily an "act" "If whatever a man thinkith, then it is so?" If someone is viewing porn, it is obvious in the heart of that person that they will have lustful thoughts. It may only stop there and never become physical with someone else, but adultery is truly in someone's heart, even if he thinks about having sex - in God's eyes that is adultery...But that would not be reason for divorce, the husband can get help for that addiction, it would be a hard road to travel but if the wife loved him she could help him, if the sees that he has the problem in the first place.
    BreakingFree

Answer by BreakingFree at 7:23 AM on Jun. 28, 2008

• It's considered adultery in the bible.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 8:34 AM on Jun. 28, 2008

• My husband also looks at porn quite regularly, I have often thought he was addicted as well. When I have talked about it, he says that he doesn't look at faces, just the acts and that he visualizes me doing it. We really don't have a great sex life, which has alot to do with my extremely low sex drive, it used to really bother me but he is very private about it and I feel like he needs some kind of safe outlet. I think there are deeper feelings going on with me concerning it but I know I can't be there for him in real life as often as he would like so I just let it go.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:49 AM on Jun. 28, 2008

• I don't consider it cheating if my DH is looking at porn. Now, addicted to it might become a problem just for the fact that I would feel left out. I have no problem with my DH looking at it b/c it's a natural thing, but he also isn't addicted. We watch it about once-twice a week. I think that the bigger concern is if it is effecting your own love life, or time with family and other activities.
    lynenedubbels

Answer by lynenedubbels at 9:22 AM on Jun. 28, 2008

• To lust after someone not your spouse with just your mind is considered adultry in the Bible.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:55 AM on Jun. 28, 2008

• Porn isn't necessarily lusting for another person in your heart or otherwise. Porn is visual sexual stimulation and is normally an interest in the act not the person. Many times a man would love for his wife to share the act he is watching so imho it is not adultery. However, if it is an addiction then that's another issue and should be treated as any other addiction.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:55 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• It depends on how you feel about it. My fiance looks at online porn and even pleases himself occasionally to it. I don't consider it adultery because he isn't actually with them. Some fantasizing is normal so long as hes not like meeting women online for cyber sex or something.
    HeatherTurner

Answer by HeatherTurner at 2:37 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• I absolutely believe it's adultry
    chiclet2000

Answer by chiclet2000 at 6:23 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• im a military spouse. my dh has been gone for over a year...i look at porn, i dont consiter it adultry. Better to take care of my needs myself in the comfort of my own home than to take any alternative...could compleatly go the whole time with nada, but how about you try that first and tell us how that goes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on Jun. 29, 2008

• what do you think? that's what really matters. how it makes you feel.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 12:53 AM on Jun. 29, 2008