Have you seen this Fox News Manipulated unemployment chart?

http://mediamatters.org/blog/201006280019

This showed up on Fox Newsroom. Anyone want to say Fox "News" is reliable and unbiased? They have manipulated this chart to look like there were 15 MILLION jobs lost in the most recent fiscal quarter.

stacymomof2

Asked by stacymomof2 at 8:19 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• You mean they are not fair and balanced?

They SAY they are

they have awesome lil logo's that stamp your screen that they are...

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:26 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• It's a running tally, you dorkus, media matters is junk.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:42 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Wait. Left Leaning Media Matters, is splitting hairs over the TITLE of a chart--when the INFORMATION is correct, as obtained by the Bureau of Labor Statistics?! There's some hard-hitting journalism. LOL

Would you rather Fox News used THIS chart?!

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:42 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• No, because I don't care about daily Kos. I do not find they are a reliable information source. I'm serious.
    -----
    So, YOU can pick and choose who you find reliable, but no-one else can??? wow. Anyway, the point to my link is that Daily Kos contracted with a company to do their polling. The company used fraudulent data, no-one besides them knows exactly how much of the data is fraudulent, and they aren't talking. I know that this doesn't have a lot to do with your specific question, but I'm fairly sure that there was a poll or two conducted that dealt with jobs and the economy. Turns out that the polls from ONE left wing blog can't be trusted. Should I, can I extrapolate from that that ALL polls can't be trusted?

I generally do trust what Fox puts out there, because they are rarely wrong. I will not say that they are perfect, they are after all human like me, but on the whole, I trust them more than anyone else.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 12:56 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Oh, you mean like the facts that Lorikeet posted?
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:59 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• A blog? From media matters? And a question accusing ANOTHER station of bias....isnt that like the epitome of irony?

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 9:03 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Do you mean mediamatters the progressive organization set up and supported by George Soros?

Good ole Georgie boy also pays the bills for the daily kos, and also helps to support Huffington post among many other progressive organizations.

Now who is manipulating who?

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 9:19 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Are temporary farm workers, temporary help, etc.., really what people consider to be "new" jobs. Aren't they 'new' every time that crop has to be harvested or planted? I don't know about anyone else. But if a politician is going to brag about creating new jobs, I'd like the new jobs to be actual jobs.

My area has been pretty badly hit.  I have a lot of friends that have been laid off.  I don't think they would consider a 3 week stint picking peaches as a "job."  

Bezu

Answer by Bezu at 9:35 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• mediamatters???? The George Soros ultra left-wing, ulta-liberal bring down the republican party mediamatters? I tend to believe what Fox News says over anything a Soros affiliated organization says. He wants to do away with our form of government.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:47 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Here is how statistics work to say what you want. Statistics show that half of all marriages end in divorce and that is what is commonly reported. The reality is that the stats generally show the number of divorces in a given year are about half the number of marriages in the same year but leaves out that the divorces are from marriages that have taken place over the course of years and decades. The actual rate is about 11%. That is like saying half the population died in one year because there were half as many deaths as births in a given year, Stats can say what you want them to until someone breaks them down.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:04 PM on Jun. 29, 2010