creative crafts?

for rainy days you can't take your little one outside.. what are some fun and easy crafts to do with a 2 1/2 year old. (mind you I"m not a craft person, so don't have some of the more extensive supplies, typically have construction paper/crayons/glue, and stuff like that, that's about it, lol).

xxhazeldovexx

Asked by xxhazeldovexx at 8:24 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• http://www.nickjr.com/the-fresh-beat-band/

This site has some really cute craft ideas. I literally just printed out some temp-lets and all I needed other than a printer was glue and scissors. I made my husband a Yo gabba gabba pop up card from our 19 month old and I put her little hand in some ink that I have from scrap booking and put the imprint of her hand....so simple and fun! Check it out and see if you can find something fun with the material and supplies you have at home.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 8:44 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• playdoh is always a fun one too
    mine also love to help me bake even though that's not a craft LOL
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 8:27 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I just did this activity today with my little ones. I have a 4 yr old and a 18 month old. We painted with ice. All you have to do is pour some washable paint into ice cubes trays and then freeze. After they are frozen take them out and let your little one go nuts on some paper. I do have to warn you it gets a little messy, but totally worth it. Tomorrow I will be posting some pictures on my page.

Another activity is mix equal parts of glue and shaving cream. This is what some call snow paint. The paint will be fluffy when you use it. Again my kiddos had a blast.

If you want more ideas, please pm me. I used to teach preschool and I have a ton of ideas for you with items you have around your house.
    missiedoo

Answer by missiedoo at 8:27 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Build a fort with sheets, water is always a big hit, fill a bucket and add some plastic toys, ball, play some music and dance to kid songs, bake, anything messy is always fun for little kids like playing with spaghetti!
    dharmagirl

Answer by dharmagirl at 8:45 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• We made some foam crafts from the craft store and we do yogurt finger painting. My daughter loves stickers, so we buy 99 cent packs of stickers from Walmart and stick them to paper. You can also buy some really cute craft kits from Oriental Trading Company.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 8:55 PM on Jun. 29, 2010