Has anyone ever had problems with their back and bowel problems? Sorry maybe TMI

My back is hurting me so bad, I have been having rumbling cramps with diarrhea(sp) but when I go the bathroom to have a bowel movement then the back pain eases up. But then it starts back up. When I go it is very foul smelling and it has alot of mucus in it.
I have been going to the bathroom about 5 times a day. I'm nauseated(sp) have chills.
It started about a week ago. Except for the chills they started last night. All I know is it hurts.
I don't know if maybe it is some sort of a virus or something that I should go to the dr. about.

my4loves3

Asked by my4loves3 at 8:31 PM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Health

• yeah, i think you should go to the dr, it sounds like some sort of infection to me. hope you feel better soon though and remember to drink water
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:33 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Well I would say it probably is a virus. Unfortunately, there is nothing a doctor can give you to cure if it is, in fact, a virus. So, I wouldn't waste my money or strength heading to the doc unless the diarrhea persists for a few more days, in which case you may need fluids to keep you from becoming dehydrated. The diarrhea itself is usually just your body's way of getting rid of a toxin that is causing trouble. I sure do hope you start to feel better, and if it persists for much longer head to the doctor to get checked out.
    EthansMom519

Answer by EthansMom519 at 8:36 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• It can go both ways, certain infections can cause back pain and back problems can cause bowl issues. My hubby has 5 herniated discs in his lower back and pinched nerves and it does cause bowl problems for him but from the way you derscibe your symptoms I would say you have some kind of infection. Call your doctor and feel better soon!
    LadySaphira

Answer by LadySaphira at 8:37 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I have IBS. it is a painful problem.
    nanasgirl401

Answer by nanasgirl401 at 9:41 PM on Jun. 29, 2010